Chapter Forty Nine

Chapter Forty Nine

Delaney

"Finally." I stepped down the stairs of the plane and looked at how small this town was and how small the airport was.

I found my way around very easily by asking the people around me. They were kinder than anyone from L.A.

I took a boat to an island not far from Sitka and there stood a mansion and guest crowding the house. I looked too underdressed that I made the poor taxi man turn around so I could go shopping for a dress.

"I can't wear this to see him." I muttered as we arrived back on land.
I went searching for a dress when I spotted Veronica looking into a store with someone I didn't recognize.

"Veronica!" I called her name and ran towards her.

She turned around and was in a state of shock.

"What are you doing here?" she asked me confused.

"I realized how truly stupid I am and how my fear constantly get in the way. Now I need help and get something that works with that party." I pointed back at the party.

She looked down at my outfit and nodded.

"Follow me." she motioned towards me.

"Oh and Delaney meet Ace, Axel's brother."

"What?" I looked at the back of his head in shock.

"So your the mystery girl I've been hearing a lot about." Ace smiled and extended a hand as we were walking.

"I'm confused." I muttered. "Axel doesn't talk about you or Ryder much."

"Yeah, well that's because Ace and Ryder aren't exactly the best when it comes to siblings." Veronica stated. "In fact I had to haul this dumbass off the property because of how stupid he becomes while drunk."

"He doesn't look drunk." I commented.

"That's because it's one of his many hidden talents but just because it doesn't seem like he is doesn't mean he isn't. Looks can be deceiving with the kings. Emily for example is the perfect suspect for her interesting judge of character." Veronica stated.

I nodded.

I realized Ace was still shaking my hand and quickly pulled my hand away.

Veronica stopped walking and looked at the shop that stood in front of us.

"A bridal shop."

"We're getting married." Ace whispered in my ear and it gave me chills down my spine, chills that made me feel sick.

Veronica pushed Ace's face out of the way and hooked her arm with mine while grabbing his ear.

"Ignore him, both brothers are complete dumbasses." she stated walking into the store. "Also this is the fanciest were going to get."

"Great." I muttered looking around at all the white I was seeing. "Is it a black and white party?" I then asked.

"You don't wanna hear the answer to that." Ace smiled.

"Shut up stupid." Veronica shoved him. "Listen we will find something don't worry."

Half an hour passed and we were not having any luck.

"I'm getting nervous Veronica." I muttered.

"Here look!" she held a pink colored dress up and smiled. "This is our best bet. Take it or leave it."

"Fine." I frowned.

"I can fix it with a pair of scissors when we leave ok?" she looked at me and I nodded in approval.