Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Delaney

I woke up hoping that it had all been a dream, but knowing my nightmare I knew it actually happened. I knew who walked in and what he said and heard. I felt embarrassed and hopeful. Embarrassed that I allowed myself to break in front of him and hopeful that he was thinking and seeing things in a new eye. But then the what if's washed through my mind.

What if it was all just a show? What if he only is letting you think that your right when deep down inside your wrong? What if I was wrong about him? What if he wasn't a monster that I imagined him to be? The depression eats at my mind like it's been starved and my anxiety kicks at my bones to make them strong enough to get through the day. I'm fractured and broken, torn by my story, by my life but I don't look in the past because I'm terrified it's going to define me. For once I was able to sleep in a place that felt like a home and now I feel like I'm in that hole that I unburied myself and all my demons are looking at me like they've missed me. My monsters are awake and ready to play. Insecurity, depression, anxiety, jealousy, low self esteem, anti-social. I don't want to wake up today or tomorrow, I've put myself so low that I can barely move on my own. I'm a weak soul. Misplaced in a world where I know I'm better off alone.

My thoughts became a blur when someone knocked on my door.

Axel slowly opens the door and he smiled but then it turned forced.

"Hey."

"Go away." I threw on of the pillows at him and I missed my a long shot.

"I need to eat Stormi." he looked at me.

"Get your bitch to do it."

He was quiet before disappearing.

I heard muffled talking outside and I quietly listened.

"Where's the chef? Still asleep? Were we too loud last night?" she giggled like a little bitch she is. She probably thinks that since her tits are as plastic as she is, she's a queen but in my eyes she's closer to the queen of the underworld than a queen anywhere else.

"She's not here. She had classes."

Lying again Axel King.

I rolled my eyes at that.

"Hmm, I think you should get a new chef, she's judgemental. Maybe hire me, and we can do things in the kitchen too."

Whore.

"Delaney's truthful and good to be around. She just doesn't want me fucking up my life." I heard the pan sizzle.

"Your not, I think she just wants you to change for her. I think she thinks she's the shit." she let it slip out like she knows me. "Axel she might steal from you."

I covered my ear after that I had about enough.

But in between that time I fell asleep.

No dreams, just a world full of darkness. My own personal happiness.

"Stormi?" his voice was the first thing that flushed through my ears before I caught his eyes next.

I groaned. "Axel what is it?"

"Your still in your bed, in the same clothes and you don't seem like you've moved."

"What time is it?" I yawned.

"Five minutes before six at night." he checked his phone.

"Oh." that's all I could say. I knew that wasn't good, not good at all.