Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Delaney

I laid my head against the glass window and watched the building mix with the others as we passed them. The feeling of the cool air pricked against my skin and I felt the goose bumps that followed and I rubbed my arms and let out a small sigh.

What did I do wrong? Why did I have to like that kiss, I know he didn't feel shit. But it wasn't just that now, I was defending him and I hated it.

We were going home earlier than I usually would but I just need a breather. I needed to sleep this off.

Once we made it in the apartment I walked behind Axel so we both could just go in he could do whatever but I could sleep.

He stopped me and I glared at him.

"Shit Taylor's there." he whispered.

"What?" I looked at him confused and he pushed me into the stair section before pressing me against a wall.

"Do you trust me?" he asked me.

"No." I glared at him.

"Well your just gonna have to take a leap of faith." he smiled before picking me up and running me up another set of stairs to the top floor.

He opened the last door and we were on the roof.

He put me down and the city lights affected me to be able to see the stars.

I walked further to the end of the roof so I could out look more.

I felt the breeze against my skin and it's like I was flying. I felt on top of the world. My worries, stress, anxiety, all of it vanished. It made me want to stay here forever. To never let this night end. It made me want to trust again, to fall in love again, to be happy again.

"Delaney I have a confession." Axel said scratching the back of his neck.

I turned around and looked at him. "You said my name, that means it's gotta be serious." I stated. "Should I sit down for this?" I asked. "Are we talking about some serious things?"

I was actually worried and scared as hell.

"No. Well-" he paused. "Depends."

"Axel I don't like how you said that." I sighed.

He grabbed my hand like that was normal, how everything in the span of forty eight hours was normal but it wasn't. None of this was normal. Me living with the one person I hate wasn't normal.

"Your scaring me." I whispered.

"I'm sorry. I'm not trying too." he stated. "I lied to you."

I looked at him confused. "About what?"

"Taylor wasn't there I just wanted to get you on the roof." he smiled a sheepish smile.

"Why?" I looked at him confused.

"You wouldn't have just gone up if I asked you too."

He was right. "Ok. But why'd you want me on the roof." Was he planning on killing me?

"Because you looked sad in the car and I don't know the shit you've dealt with so I thought the roof could help." he sighed in frustration before pulling himself away from me.

I raised my eyebrow at him.

Something about him changed. He's not a jackass right now. That's a good thing.

"Axel, thank you." I waited for him to turn around and look at me but he didn't.

"Just forget I even said anything." he said before leaving and going downstairs.