Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fifty

Axel

"Me?" I echoed.

"Yes you Axel." she stared right back at me expecting me to blow up or something but I stayed quiet.

"I don't understand." I shook my head completely lost.

"I'm scared." she whispered coming towards me, closer than she has been the past couple days.

"Of me."

"No."

"Your fucking me up Stormi." I ran my fingers through my hair and shook my head.

"I'm scared of falling in love with you. That's why I didn't fight you or chase you right away. That's why I was pushing because loving you scares me so much Axel."

"How? Why?" I stared right back at her giving her my full attention.

"When I saw you kissing Taylor it put me back to the night I caught Hunter kissing a stranger to me. I don't know everything you do and that scares me but I want you to be able to feel free in a relationship and not have to answer to me."

"Stormi-" I tried to get closer to her but she put her hand on my mouth.

"Let me finish." she stared back at me waiting for confirmation that I would listen, realizing I wasn't going to interject she continued.

"I hated that I thought about Hunter when I saw you. I know you and Hunter are nowhere near the same. I just wanted an easy escape route I guess and my body was trying to find a way out. But when you left I couldn't sleep, it didn't make sense to me why you left and now I understand. I was pushing the second my dad came into the picture because I knew I loved you and I didn't want to get hurt. I make excuses to why I can't be with you because it's easier that way but what I'm trying to say Axel is-"

"Axel!" My mom yelled suddenly coming over faster than she could get the words out of her mouth. Her courage was dwindling, I could see it clear as day.

"Shit." I muttered grabbing her hand and running down the dock and into a boat.

I helped her in and started to remove the ropes as she sat down.

"Axel where are you going!" My mom yelled, starting to take off her heels. Taylor was right behind her trying to catch up and before I knew it, I was speeding away in a hurry.

"Axel where are we going."

"The other side of the island so we don't get interrupted." I stated circling the small island.

I stopped once I was close to the other side and sat down to face her then.

"We're staying on the boat?" she asked question in her eyes.

I nodded and waited. "Now what were you saying."

She scooted closer to me and looked at my eye and then my lips before coming closer and sitting on my lap before whispering.

"I don't want to be afraid to love you." and she sealed it with a kiss.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me, taking in the scent I so desperately missed, I devoured her up and didn't want to waste time.

She pulled away and took in a breath and I realized we were both panting then.

"Stormi, be my girlfriend." I whispered.

She smiled. "I'm glad you've finally accepted nothing can be perfect."

"Is that a yes."

"That's a yes Axel." she smiled coming back for a kiss but I stopped her.