Prologue - Beginning

Delaney

I sat the the local coffee shop down the street from my apartment and watched the crowded streets of the L.A area pile up with people bustling to get to their destination for either early morning classes, busy, crowded offices, the gym with celebrities posing for the latest Instagram posts, and faking the sweat that is glistening on their skin. The paparazzi that are trying to catch up with the A Lister celebrities trying to find a flaw about them to start some drama for the thirsty L.A tourist.

I took a sip of my coffee that had delighted my taste buds of pumpkin spice and took in a deep breath before averting my eyes to the constant jingling bell as customers came in and out. 

I heard the constant rumble of voices crowding the coffee shop talking about the latest things the KarJenners were doing. Or the youtubers and what they were posting. I searched the coffee shop for someone who wasn't as involved in the talk of celebrities then seemed to be more important to know about like world hunger, mental illness and the fights going on, on the other side of the world. But apparently the most important was why Kylie took out her lip filler or if Khloe and Tristan were still together even after the scandal of his many affairs.

I wanted to be absorbed in my book but I sadly had left it back in my apartment with my boyfriend Hunter.

My eyes lowly danced around to the laughter coming from the line and I realized who I was staring at.

I rolled my eyes as the coffee shop quieted down just a little for the customers to gawk at the future of our country. Well not our country, maybe I'm being a bit dramatic. But he seemed to be like a shiny new celebrity in everyone's eyes. Everyone except mine.

His good looks and excellent charms were attractive but it was mostly the rumors that spread about him and his significant others of the night that's a huge turnoff for me at least.

Axel King doesn't make me want any of his... "special talents", in fact I certainly do not want to be wowed by what his hands are capable of doing.

I get up and hear his buddies holler at some girls at a table I was about to pass.

Draven walked towards the girls and ignored that I was trying to get out of the coffee shop without running into trouble but the closed walls and lack of space caused chaos on my white shirt and stained and burned my skin under.

Draven finally realized and looked at me with slight panic and then at my white shirt.

I growled in frustration and glared up at the moron.

"Look what you did!" I hissed causing more attention around me then.

I felt my face get flush from the many judgmental eyes on me and him and my little situation.

"You should of watched where you were going!" he blamed me then.

My eyes turned into slits and I stared at him harder trying to figure out how this guys brain functioned.

I then actually looked down at the stain on my shirt and realize it's seeped through and showed my red bra which I uncomfortably cross my arms in front of.

I've had just about enough of the attention so I ignored his glare and walk out with my now less half empty, crushed coffee cup, my phone and my army green jacket which wasn't really needed but it was autumn and I was used to cooler weather than what LA had to offer.

I walked through the crowded sidewalks as I heard Draven call out to me but I ignored him and disappeared into the crowd of Los Angeles bussel.

I looked at my phone and noticed I'd be arriving earlier to my house than I intended but the thought of being in a room with Axel made me sick to my stomach. I had a choice in that case. In college I can't just walk out and leave when he comes to class. That's the only time I suck up how petty I become.