Chapter Thirty Seven

Axel

I placed my hand next to me hoping it was all a dream and I found the bed next to me empty. I got up still trying to trick my brain.

I walked towards her bedroom and it was wide open, the bedding neat as it was before Stormi came. I walked in and the scent of her brainwashed me. I opened the drawers and they were empty, every single one.

This was making me go crazy, angry, I was losing my shit, I fucking felt it.

I walked into the bathroom and it was cleaned out.

I sat on her bed and grabbed one of the pillows wondering if she even existed."What did I do?" I rubbed my face.

I was so angry with her, so angry with myself. I didn't think about her, didn't think about her needs. Shit I was selfish. I don't fucking care if she kissed Hunter she told me that she needed me and I failed, fucking failed. We weren't really a thing then, not really at least.

I threw the pillow pissed, angry, ragging.

I constantly have been treating her like shit. Especially last night. I was a dick. But I was just so angry that I wasn't the one, and that she hid it for so long.

I was conflicted because I love her but I want to hate her.

No explanation, nothing real anymore. She changed in a fucking heartbeat. I don't know her anymore. I knew she lied to me in that parking lot after I blew up in her face, I knew something was off this whole damn time but I acted like I didn't because I didn't want to worry. I didn't want to think we'd end.

"Damnit!" I grabbed the lamp on the stand and threw it against the wall.

My body felt weak, disabled, I hit the ground before I could stop myself. My chest felt heavy, my heart was breaking. First fucking woman I ever let see me destroyed me.

What did I not do right?

"Axel?" Lindsey stood at the door looking completely lost.

"I don't wanna do this right now." I muttered.

"I heard what happened from Draven." Lindsey responded. "I came over to see how your doing. She left this at your door." Lindsey held up a note and looked at me waiting for a response or something out of me.

"She left a note but was too fucking afraid to face me?" I shook my head.

"Axel, don't do that shit now." Lindsey shook her head.

"Don't do what shit Lindsey! What shit am I doing!"

"Your hurting dumbass! You so fucking angry because she left, your breaking things, lashing out just like you did when Rayne died! Don't start talking shit about someone you say you love! If you really loved her then why the fuck did you let her go!"

"She broke my heart."

"You were never official and you don't know the full story, all you know is what Hunter said."

"I heard what she said."

"But from what I've heard Delaney hasn't been Delaney for awhile now so how can you tell me she told you the truth. Axel do you know her inside and out. Can you read her mind? No so stop being a fucking dick and deal with your shit." she turned her heel and walked out.

Her letter laid across from me and I stared at it for awhile before getting up and shoving it in my pocket.

I drove over to Elias's and knocked on their door.