Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine

Axel

The second I stopped us from going any further and when I started to cry like a little bitch when Lindsey tried to take off my shirt and kiss me like that was when I wanted to see Stormi. I needed to see her to apologize for being who I am. I fucked up, I lost the one thing to make me feel fucking alive. If Hunter was the competition I had to face I'd work my ass off. But seeing him hurt her, made me realize there wasn't much competition... but I just didn't understand why she still ran.

"Stormi what happened?" I pulled her close to me and I felt her arms wrap around my neck giving in just a little.

"I can't." she whispered before slowly pulling away from me. "I need you to leave." her eyes told me to stay and I couldn't leave.

"Why?" I waited for a response.

"Leave!" she raised her voice. "Just leave, I never want to see you again!"

"Stop fucking lying!" I snapped back.

"I'm not. I never was, go back to Lindsey. Fuck with her." she slammed the door in my face and I banged on it because she needed to know the truth.

"No don't you-"

A guy answered the door and he smiled.

"Hello." he smiled.

"I'm here to talk to Delaney." I was skeptical of him.

"She doesn't wanna speak. We were just talking actually." he smiled.

"Sorry who are you?" I asked him.

He smiled and I knew the second he opened his mouth he fucked up. "Steve Sanders."

"Axel King nice to meet you." I lied like a dog.

"Axel King?" he repeated barely understanding. "Wait the ones whos dad was once homeless to then famous?"

"That's the one." I nodded.

"Shit, Abby loves you."

I looked at Stormi and she watched him carefully. I saw the way she watched his hands and I saw the story in her eyes. He reminded her of the worst things to happen to her. He did things with his hands to her. It made me hate him.

"May I come in."

"For sure." he stepped aside and then looked at Stormi.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her in front of me.

"Keep walking." I muttered. "Introduce me before dumbass does."

"Jenna, Abby. Meet Axel King." she turned to look at me her hands slightly shaking. "Axel this is my step sister Abby and my stepmother Jenna." she turned to look at them.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled.

"Wait a fucking second are you the mystery girl?" Jenna asked.

"N-"

"Yes Mrs.Tucker she is." I smiled grabbing her hand.

"But weren't you just-"

"She's one of my good friends, she came over to help me get ready to see Delaney." I smiled.

"How cute." Jenna smiled. "Axel are you staying at a hotel."

"I was just about to go look to find one actually." I responded.

"Nonsense. It's the holiday season, around this time it gets chaotic. You can stay in Laney's room."

"My room is being taken over by both Zoey and Mya." Stormi looked at Jenna with a look in which Jenna ignored.