Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Axel

I woke up to Stormi walking in my room.

I groaned and sat up as I watched her crawl into my bed.

"Stormi?" I groaned.

"Today has been horrible."

"Why do you say that?" I looked at her silhouette waiting for a response.

"I go to classes and couldn't focus so I have no idea what I learned, and then I go to see Veronica at work and find that her mom's nowhere to be seen and her father has some nerve coming in and yelling in her face, with a customer right there. Now I'm going to Puerto Rico for Thanksgiving, which I'm totally fine with it's just I called my stepmom to tell her and she's upset about it, but not only that my car's struggling and oh yeah I forgot to mention, I'm helping Veronica at the store so I might not be able to cook every night." she laid on the pillow next to me, facing my direction.

"Are you sleeping in here?" I smiled at the thought.

"Well-" she sighed. "I wasn't planning on it but realizing your bed is far more comfy than my own I'm contemplating."

"Stormi?"

"Hmmm." she hummed.

"You amaze me."

"How?" she had question in that voice of hers.

"You are beautifully unique, and cute when you're ranting, and you make me realize all over again why I'm so attracted to you."

She placed her hand on my face.

"Do you hear that?" she muttered.

"What?" I waited.

"Exactly, it's bedtime."

"So your gonna ignore my compliment to you?"

"It's not my fault you like me." she shrugged.

I'm move closer to her and she laughed.

"Can't keep your distance can you Axel King."

"I'm a softy when it comes to cuddling." I grinned.

"That's too bad, I only cuddle when it's cold." She responded just the way I thought she would. "Goodnight Axel." She then whispered.

I got on my phone to make it chilly in the apartment and sure enough fifteen minutes passed and she was fast asleep.

I laid awake just waiting for her to crawl closer to me. It made me want to go camping with her somewhere cold so I could hold her. Just being closer already made me insane.

My phone went off and a message from Lindsey popped up.

"You up?"

I ignored it and my phone vibrated again.

"I'm lonely."

I shut my phone off and turned to my side just listening to her breathing.

I couldn't fall asleep knowing someone was asleep right next to me.

She made me think about my life too much, more than I already do.

I was a real ass to her when I first met her. Now look at me, lost without her.

The hours ticked and my eyes stayed awake and getting colder by the minute.

Somewhere in between the hours of one and one thirty Stormi was having a nightmare.