Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Axel

I don't know what's worse, the fact that those jackasses thought it was ok to mess with Stormi or the fact that all the dresses she's put on don't compare to how perfect she is.

Veronica was pretty shaken up after the incident in the mall so Elias and her stayed at the hotel for a little while and they would meet us at the restaurant.

This is her fifth dress she's put on and I can tell she's getting less confident now.

"I don't know about this one Axel."

I opened the curtain to the dressing room and she was in a black dress, her stomach was showing and her hair was down instead of in her typical messy buns. Her makeup was done and her nails were painted a white.

She looked at me and waited for me to tell her it didn't work. But I liked it. I really liked it.

It actually went well with her complection and her blonde hair stood out more than it usually did.

Her brown eyes danced on mine waiting for a response.

"Shit." I whispered. "You look so fucking-" I was speechless. She made me fucking speechless.

"Ok let me change again. I mean look, the dress makes me look like a stripper. It's too tight, it barely leaves anything to anyone's imagination. I'm practically naked." she took a step back and grabbed another dress that I knew wouldn't work so I quickly grabbed her hand to stop herself.

"I like the dress." it came out as a whisper which I didn't mean to do.

Something in her eyes changed when I touched her. There wasn't any anger, this was different.

She was the first to break the connection and she cleared her throat.

"Yeah, ok then." she looked at the time on her phone.

"I need shoes." she looked at me.

"Heels?" I asked her.

She nodded. "Not too high though."

I went through the store trying to find another color, instead of black but all I could find was black.

Stormi came out back in her clothes and the dress hanging on the hanger as she came over to me looking at the shoes with me.

"There's really not much option." she states as she then goes on her tippy toes to grab a black pair black heel ankle boots.

I watched her debate.

"I don't have my toes painted so I guess this will be the only option." she sighed.

Her confidence was showing less.

Is this what she thought about?

Stormi caught me staring at her.

Her eyebrows raised at me.

"Did you hear me?" she asked me.

"Sorry. No what?"

"I asked how much time do we have left so I can quickly change after I buy this." she states.

I checked my phone.

We were gonna be late either way.

"We have time." I lied. I lied because I didn't want to rush her and also I didn't want her feeling as if she had to change in the car. First time I've ever worried about seeing a girl almost naked. Shit, I'm becoming like Elias. He'd do anything for Veronica.