Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Delaney

They won and Veronica was cheering and laughing but the whole game I was looking at number thirteen. Axel was sitting there getting pissed at how close the game was. They announced why Axel and Beckon wouldn't be playing, the crowd was really upset about it. But by the end of the game they were happy they won by a point.

"I just wanna say goodbye to Elias one last time." She whispered.

Everyone jumped over the gates and things and Veronica and I stayed put.

"When's our flight?" Veronica asked.

"Three hours from now. But we have to go through security and stuff." I responded.

"Oh, I guess you're right." She was still debating. "Will you be ok with running?" I looked over at her.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"Ok then, we can say goodbye one last time."  I responded.

She smiled and hugged me. "Thank you!" she cheered before running down on the field and sneaking into the locker room.

I saw Axel still sitting on the bench and I walked a little closer before sitting next to him.

"It was a pretty decent game."

Axel looked up and was shocked.

"We barely won."

"True, but you still won."

"Barely." he muttered.

"Your so negative."

"Says the girl who didn't even let me kiss her."

"You were being selfish and rude. I only reward you with a kiss."

"You've only let me kiss you once and it was when you kissed me. I'm just going to fucking accept that I'll never be good enough for you." he muttered.

I looked at him confused.

"Why do you think that?"

"I'm like a game to you Stormi. How much can you play me? How much can you confuse me?"

"I'm not trying too Axel, I just-" I let out a sigh. "I will never compare to Lindsey or Taylor or any other girl you've slept with. Hell I don't think I can even give you sex. I won't be good enough for you but you keep pushing and it's not helping me. I'm not rich like your mom wants, I'm poor and if I lived out on my own I'd be nothing. In this world Axel I am nothing, just another person struggling. I'll never be good enough for you and you'll get bored and move on."

"Don't tell me shit you think I'd do or do not do." Axel glared at me.

"Don't lie to yourself and think that I'm wrong." I snapped back.

"Laney are you ready?" Veronica skipped her way over.

"Coming V."

"I'll miss you." he sounded sincere.

"I'll miss you too." I got up from the bench and Axel followed.

He walked to me to the car as Veronica was already jamming to some spanish music. She's probably really excited to meet her siblings.

"I'll call you tonight." Axel grabbed my hand and looked at it as he rubbed his thumb against it.

"Yeah, tonight will work." I nodded.

"A week?" he looked up not even trying to form a sentence.

"We get back late Sunday night."

He groaned. "Ok."