Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Delaney

He parked the car and I looked at the quiet beach, the sun just hitting the horizon.

Axel climbed out first and I looked at the camera, that I already set up and got ready for.

"You coming Tucker?" he looked at me and I faced the camera at him as the sun hit him perfectly to make a silhouette.

I climbed up and outside the sunroof that we left open to capture him in the moment.

He smiled and I took the shot before climbing out of the car.

"Let me see." Axel came over to me waiting for me to show him.

"You can wait, I don't know if I like it or not." I looked at him and Axel shook his head before walking further to the water.

I walked into the cold pacific ocean to take a pictures of the waves coming in.

Axel came over and watched me.

"I can't focus when there's an audience." I stated.

"Well your gonna have to suck that up Stormi." he smiled.

I took the picture and looked down at it.

"Ok, Axel-"

"Excuse me, can you help find my dog?" a girl came running our direction. "She ran away and I can't find her. This beach is too big."

"What does she look like?" I asked her.

"She's a black lab and her names Lucy, she's two and just started to go on walks. She gets really excited if her names called so she'll easily come running towards you."

"Can I have your number, so if we find her I can call you?"

"Oh yes." she nodded, her hands shaking as she handed me her phone.

I typed in my number and called before hanging up.

"Ok. We'll look over here, and you can look over there." I looked at her waiting for her to nod.

"Thank you." she nodded before going the direction I asked her to, as she called for her dog.

I walked the other way as Axel followed.

"Lucy!" I called.

Axel took my camera and looked through the two pictures.

"These are good." he stated.

"Are you gonna help?" I looked over at him.

"I didn't sign up for a dog search party."

"Your heartless." I rolled my eyes.

"No, I only got a heart for you." he smiled and winked like he made me blush. Only a little though.

"So if I asked you too you would?" I looked over at him.

"No, now if you kissed me maybe."

"Nice try." I shook my head looking around.

"Lucy!" I called out again.

My eyes searched around the beach trying to find this dog.

I looked over in Axel's direction and found the dog digging something up.

"Lucy."

The dog looked up and jumped up for joy before running over to me.

He began to lick my face and I noticed blood on her face.