Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Forty Four

Delaney

The sound of crickets woke me up, Axel was still next to me, throughout the night I was tossing and turning because I said a shitty thing to him and he said nothing. We usually can resolve things but this felt unresolveable. He went against my wishes and spilled something that wasn't his to spill.

I watch his chest go up and down and then moved myself closer and laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes. I listened to his heart beating and placed my hand on his heart and felt it beating.

I wanted to tell him I was sorry but that wouldn't be true. His intentions were good, they were always going to be for good. He was trying to force wounds to be healed. He never would hurt me intentionally.

He shifted slightly and I lifted myself off and sat up, I didn't look at him, I just starred forward.

His heavy breathing stopped and I knew he was awake.

"Stormi?" he said my name and his voice was rough telling me he was asleep the whole time. "Did you have a nightmare?"

"No Axel." I whispered removing the covers off me then. I pulled my legs into my chest and placed my chin against my knees.

His face glowed with his phone in his face.

"It's two a.m."

"Is it?"

"Yeah, how long have you been up?"

"Not that long."

"What woke you up?"

"Just been thinking."

"What about?" he asked.

"Will we work?" I turned to look at him.

"What do you mean?"

"I told you, begged you not to tell them, it's not your fucking story, it's not you who had it done too. Did he remove every piece of clothing off you, did you touch every part of your body? You know much that messed me up?"

"Stormi-"

"I know I know I was never going to tell maybe because my family doesn't believe in me, doesn't care. Do you think I would've kept it a secret if they did? What would telling them do for me?"

"Make you feel more safe."

"You don't fucking get it!" I was frustrated.

"I don't, but please explain."

"I'm trying too, I've been trying too!" I snapped. "Do you not get that? I've been trying to explain, to make you see, understand but you don't. Until your in my shoes you can stop trying to fix me."

"Stormi." he sighed.

I turned and ignored his plead.

He placed his hand on my back and like before he rubbed my back trying to fix something.

"I'm sorry I don't understand. I'm trying, you out of anyone should know I'm trying."

"Not hard enough." I whispered.

•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•ღ•☓•

I walked upstairs as Jenna placed plates on the table.

She looked up and smiled at me. "Good morning, how'd you sleep?"