Chapter Forty Three

THIS CHAPTER COULD BE TRIGGERING TO SOME READERS, it talks about sexual assault/rape. Read at your own risk.

Chapter Forty Three

Axel

She grabbed my hand and forced a smile, a smile she knew she lied about and she knew I saw through it. It could tell by how clammy her hands were, how her eyes were everywhere else but my own, her smile was forced and she leaned more away from me than she usually did. When she was around me she was always close but now her nerves were changing how she acted.

Hunter looked at her and saw what he had done, regret filled those eyes. He was prone to hurting her it just took time for it to finally happen.

Stormi rubbed her neck over the thick turtleneck against her skin. She remembered the feeling of his hands on her. The fear in her eyes as she stared at him, she feared him more than a man who raped her and had no remorse. Maybe it was because she once loved Hunter, maybe it was because he felt guilty.

"When did you get in?" she asked, her voice was shaky, she leaned into me then.

"Uh-" he looked at me and back at her. "An hour or so ago."

"Steve asked me to come, I wasn't planning on it though. But I'm staying at my moms just around the block."

"So anyways-" Abby rolled her eyes at Stormi. "Hunter weren't you telling me about the times you caught Laney fucking with my mans?"

Hunter gave a cautious look Steves way, my way, but never made eye contact with her. If he looked at her his story would change to the truth.

"Yeah, Laney was drunk a couple times, found her passed out with Steve next to her."

"See, so why did you kick him in the balls. He's still in a lot of pain."

Stormi was quiet, she wanted to open her mouth, wanted to have them see what I saw in her.

"Your right, I'm sorry." she muttered.

"I'm not." I said and Abby turned towards me as did everyone else. Abby's lustful eyes were clear as day.

"Excuse me?" she raised her eyebrow at me. "Are you saying my boyfriend lied?"

"Wouldn't be the first time." I shrugged then placing both my hands on his shoulders squeezing. "Isn't that right Sanders. See the thing is in this room there are liars here." I moved myself around and stood next to Hunter who shifted uncomfortably.

"Axel stop." Stormi muttered.

"First liar and most obvious liar is Stormi or Laney as you like to call her, see now I know I've only known her for a short time but she reminds me of someone and her truth is was lies in her eyes but so does fear."

Stormi was shifting uncomfortably.

"One flaw about her is she has a bad habit of trying to lie but the thing about her is she's bad at lying."

She was going to leave the room, I could see it in her eyes.

"Second liar Hunter, dumbass can't even look at his ex girlfriend in the eyes when he lies because he's too in love with her. If he just looked at her his truths would bleed out and so would Sanders. Hunter can't lie for shit, can't keep a relationship either because he's got a bad habit of touching what's not his." I eyed him and he glared at me but there was a small amount of fear in those eyes buried behind the hatred. "Couldn't keep your hands off her could you?"

"Fuck off." he muttered.

Abby looked between me and him.

"You Abigail look at me with the same hunger that someone else looks at me. You won't say it outloud but you envy Stormi, you want everything she had. You want to be able to be honest and happy. You brought this bastard here not because you like him but you could show him off, get under her skin. You knew about the "intimacy" they had. You thought you could hurt her right? Ruin her, I mean you already stole her father's love or so you think."