Surprises

A/N: I am actively making some edits starting today, 11/2/19.  Mostly, they will all be formatting and chapter sizes so they better fit here on Wattpad.  I will add a note at the end of each chapter as I go so you can tell the ones that are finished.  If you feel like something has been skipped, look for that date and you may be correct, but don't worry.  I won't delete anything until I am ready to add it back in the new format, so for the most part that shouldn't be an issue.  I hope you all enjoy the story!

Genesis only stumbled a little when he finally got his door open. It had taken him longer than it should have to get the key to work correctly. He almost lost his temper and melted the key in his hand before it clicked into place. Once the door was open, he stifled a laugh as he thought about the night he was just getting back from.

He and Angeal had managed to rope Sephiroth into an evening out. They were seldom in town at the same time for any length of time and even when they were, it was hard to pry the General from work long enough to get out and enjoy himself. Today had been the third day in a row they had all been at headquarters together and the beginning of the weekend. Since none of them had any missions planned for at least another week, they had been able to convince Sephiroth that it was okay to get out and relax a little. He hadn't stayed out with them the whole time. He left a couple of hours before Angeal and Genesis decided to call it a night.

Genesis huffed at the thought of Sephiroth abandoning them, when it had been for his benefit in the first place, but they had enjoyed the rest of the evening nonetheless. None of them drank often as they had many responsibilities, added to the fact that it took a lot of alcohol for them to be affected. Genesis was still feeling slightly fuzzy, but it was fading quickly. He sighed at the thought that it might not have been worth the hangover now that he was sobering up. His only consolation was that it would be morning before he had to deal with it and the same mako enhancements that caused the alcohol to flee his system so quickly would also be responsible for helping clear his hangover.

He didn't bother turning on the light in his bedroom as he entered. There was enough light from the window to allow his enhanced eyesight to see well enough to get ready for bed, something he was looking forward to immensely. He had already taken off his duster and hung it in the hall closet before entering his room, so he was only fighting to get his boots off. He sat on the edge of the bed to pull off the second one and started to flop back when he noticed it was already occupied.

He jerked back up awkwardly before he accidentally touched the other person. His shock gave way to irritation as the moonlight shone on the head of silver hair that just peeked out from under the covers. The face was away from him but there was only one person he knew with that color of hair. He reached out to roughly shake the figure and called out at the same time. "Sephiroth, you're in the wrong apartment. I didn't think you had that much to drink."

When the figure didn't immediately move Genesis reached out and turned on the lamp then shook the figure again. "Get up. I need sleep and you need to get back to your own bed. Mine is off limits."

The figure finally stirred but didn't awaken. Genesis huffed in irritation again, this time he stood and turned on the light before he yanked the covers off the figure. The person sat up immediately, still obviously sleepy but becoming more alert by the second.

When the figure sat up Genesis froze in shock. His stillness finally broke when the figure locked eyes with him. It was not his friend and rival, instead it was a woman he had never laid eyes on before. Her shock at seeing him seemed to be just as deep. Under normal circumstances Genesis would have already reacted but between his still fuzzy thoughts and his shock, the woman moved first; standing and looking around wildly. He was even further shocked by her state of undress. She was wearing nothing except a t-shirt and underwear leaving her legs completely bare.