The truth

2nd September 1586

"You'll be executed by tomorrow morning in front of the entire village and that's final.'' His voice echoed in the chambers, where I'm being held at.

I couldn't believe it. My heart started racing, tears weld up in my eyes and pain was masked on my face. I could feel the sweat and dirt on my face. Things were going downhill more than I intended for it to be.

''But I didn't do it!'' I spoke with so much anger, my voice was firm and strong. I had to make a stand for myself. My hands were injured and dripping with blood on the ground. But nevertheless, I held on to the bars firmly, managing to stain them in red. 

King Henry ignored me and turned around to walk away. He never stopped even after I called out to him and pleaded for him to believe me. My eyes turned to the guards in hopes they would believe me but none of them did. They all walked away.

Why wouldn't they believe a word that I'm saying?

I then turned to be faced the woman I fell for. I didn't want to look at her but I looked anyways. She clenched her jaw and her cheeks were stained in salty water. Some much betrayal in her eyes. The look she gave me.... It killed me.

''Please Veronica... I would neve-'' She cut me off when she grabbed my shirt from behind the bars, and pulled my body to slam me against the metal. I hissed as my head made contact too and closed my eyes. She let go of me as I fell on my knees, hands still holding on to the bars tightly.

I looked up at her as I was kneeling before her now. I saw her regretting her action and hesitating to help me but she held herself back.

With mixed emotions, tears fell from her eyes as she shook her head. ''I hate you...'' She whispered with a broken tone as she clenched her stomach and held back her sobs.

''I trusted you!'' Her mood changed and a voice that resembled a demon came out. She gritted her teeth and wiped away her tears as they kept falling. As they keep falling. ''I hope you die tomorrow... with so much pain. You don't deserve my love.'' My heart broke and fell to the stomach. With those last stabbing words, she turned and walked away.

I called out to her, watching her back. ''Please Veronica, you have to believe me.'' I called out to her, even though I knew she would never believe me. ''Please, Veronica!''

------------------------------------------------------

25th August 1586

It was almost night time. The sun was setting and I was whistling my heart away. I could see my shadow in front of me on the dirty road as the sun was glowing behind me. I smiled at the feeling of the soft wind on my face.

I was in a good mood.

After finishing things off with James's shop and the stupid stunt we did earlier, I decided to visit Veronica since James claimed she wanted to talk to me. She told him this morning when he went to Alex, that she wanted to see me today.

I don't know why she didn't tell me this herself yesterday but I guess we'll find out today.

After a few miles away from the noise of the village, the castle's barriers came to view. Usually, some civilians are found outside during the day, wanting to consult the king and the queen but I guess they have been sent away by the guards before the night. Don't want to risk a break in I guess.

I reached the gates and the previous guard from three days ago was outside. "Hey Borin." I said and gave him a gentle smile, remembering his name when James called him that. He returned it with a scoff and a judging stare. I rolled my eyes at his grumpy attitude and give him a glare back.