James Morrissey

"The magic is that you can use it for anything; an insult or on some girl that has sex a lot or even calling a friend." Char said, explaining how diverse the word 'Bitch' is in her time.

We were heading towards the castle this morning, since Charlotte is leaving today and I offered to carry her bag. I will not lie; I will miss her when she is gone, but at least I will have my bed back. God knows how horrible my back feels.

"You can also use it as a reference to someone you don't like. For example: this bitch stole my boyfriend." Char smirked after seeing my mouth hung open and my eyebrows connecting in confusion.

I was doing my best keeping up with her accent which I have gotten used to hearing by now. It wasn't difficult to understand but it sounded weird to the ears. She speaks so fast and sometimes, pronounces some words differently or wrongfully in my perspective. But then again, she is from a different time and place. It is normal for her after all.

And all this time, I thought she was an idiot who couldn't speak proper English.

Char clicked her fingers to grab my attention again. "Or you can use it as a compliment. Like saying: bitch this taste good or bitch you're slaying." I titled my head, feeling like a child who was learning how to speak for the first time. It was hard to remember all of new phrases.

"Slaying?" I asked which she hummed at. "How's that a compliment?" I asked petrified from the future. It keeps confusing me more and more.

"Yeah, like you're killing it." She simply said as if I would understand that. Did she seriously just say killing? Is that what the future is made of? Murders?!

"Killing who?" My voice squeaked which Char responded with an unimpressed face.

"No, James. killing it is a metaphor of something you're good at or looking good in. For example: bitch, you look great or bitch, you're doing great." She elaborated and I grimaced at how unusual and strange all of this sounds.

"What type of English is that?" I was really curious of how our language developed from now to then. It seems like each passing time, people got dumber.

"It's the broken type of English. Welcome to 21st century, bitch." Char chuckled but froze after seemingly realizing something. "See, you can even use it as a welcoming gesture too."

"Oh my god." I shook my head, feeling overwhelmed with everything to the point my head hurts. This is too much to learn from one word only.

Char sighed in frustration and grabbed my arm to stop us from walking any further. We were walking on a dirty road, surrounded by the trees of the forest. It was quiet and peaceful. Until Char stumped on a rock and called it a bitch afterwards. That's how our conversation started.

"Look to make it easier, use it in every sentence possible. Either at the beginning or at the end." She stated and I glared at her.

"You could've just said that and saved us from the headache!" I yelled and she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Look," she pointed at a black cat, standing by, on the side of the road. It was watching us in curiosity and I wondered what does Char want from him. "Practice on him." I frowned at her and shook my head in disagreement.

"It's a cat, not a lady dog." I said which she placed her hands on each side of her hips, smiling sarcastically I sighed in defeat. "Okay, fine." and turned to the cat. Taking a deep breath through my nose and letting it go. I took my stand in front of the cat. The cat looked up at me in his innocent green eyes and tilted his small head around.

I bit my lower lip and convinced myself to just say it. "Cat, you are..... a sentimental bitch." I blurted out and in response, the cat's head returned back to it's normal position then hissed at me and walked away.