Charlotte's secret

A/N; a long one.

We arrived late at night and Ana offered for Zoe and I to sleep in her cruck house while the crew slept on the ship. I didn't want to intrude but when Zoe shouted yes, I couldn't say otherwise. I know she was bothered with my snores but her flatulence wasn't appreciated either.

''I know this place is not your kind. It is small and does not exactly have any rooms. It does get really cold at this time of the night but your daughter seems very comfortable.'' Anastasia pointed at Zoe who was sound asleep, wrapped up in warm sheets on Anastasia's bed.

''It is nothing to worry about. I am just thankful for you allowing us to stay here.'' I told her with a genuine smile. Since there was only one bed, Anastasia and I are sleeping on hay which she had on the side of the house.

The place was dark and the only thing was shinning in the room was a single candle light. It illuminated a soft fire light on our faces. ''I am sure this is your first time not sleeping on a bed.'' Anastasia spoke with confidence in a teasing tone while I smirked at how wrong she was.

''Actually, once, I have lost myself gazing at the stars and ended up sleeping for half of the night on the grass, just by the lake.'' I said while reminiscing that time again. How calm that night was and breezy, dreaming to get out of the castle whenever I wanted. However, my father would not allow it. I can't do anything without his permission, which he never gave.

Now I think about it, I act the same with Zoe, except she has more freedom than I ever had. If I ever choose to threaten my father, he would lock me in the dungeons until he came back.

''I didn't know you to be romantic type; you are always angry especially with me.'' Anastasia explained, while crossed her legs underneath her and grinning at me.

I smiled at her sarcastically and responded with, ''I wonder why.'' I was referring to the time I caught her stealing things from my room as a child. And the time she was getting to close to Charlotte more than my liking.

''Oh please, I didn't steal anythin-'' I lifted my hand up to interrupt her which she stopped in surprise. ''Let's not talk about it anymore. It was a long time ago.'' I was too tired to have an argument, about something so silly now to think of. I also didn't want to wake Zoe up; she was exhausted from the journey.

''Alright then,'' Anastasia agreed, smiling softly at me before laying down at the hay she had underneath her. ''We should sleep. We will be meeting James tomorrow afternoon and I hope you prepared your apology.'' I stared at her as she turned her back to me, going to her tender sleep while I sat and thought of her words.

I wasn't afraid to meet James tomorrow. However, I hope he would give me the answer I need. Where is Charlotte?

--------------------------------------------------

The next day, Anastasia guided me to the market but before doing so, she gave me to wear, a very dark and long clothing, where I could cover my head with. She said to not draw attention from the couple times I've been here before for duels, I may be recognized.

Zoe insisted on coming but I told her that this was a private matter that she can not attend. She did not like what she was hearing but thankfully, Alice, one of the crew members told her to come with her to explore the place. Fortunately, she stopped battering and followed Alice out of the house. I could finally get to do what I have been anticipating for.

From the time Anastasia told me his whereabouts, I couldn't sleep, eat or do my work without him on my mind. Now, The wait is finally over.

We walked further more until Anastasia stopped inappropriately and pointed at a store. ''He works here.'' I stood in my place, ignoring the passersby who were bumping against my shoulder.