Wedding tragedy pt.1

I pulled away from Ana who finally managed to calm her tears. It must hurts her to know her grandfather conspired in something like this. Killing a little girl because of the king's orders? No person should be blamed because of other peoples actions. 

Ana sniffed, looking up at me with mourning eyes. "John, that man wants to kill her. Kill the little princess and he is going to do it today." Ana explained but I already knew. That's the reason why I'm here in front of the lake. I don't know what to do. 

I feel helpless because there's two options for me. Save Zoe or let her die. None of those two options have a good outcome. If I followed my heart and saved the girl, the outcome might effect my time badly. However if I chose the logical option, it will effect this time badly. 

Plus, I wouldn't handle watching Veronica frantically search for her daughter. I can't watch her in pain. I can't stand there and watch while I already knew where she would be. Dead in the river.

"I told the guards there." Ana interrupted my thoughts and I raised my eyebrow at the beautiful blonde. Wait, what? "But they refused to listen and told me to either leave or stay quiet." Is she serious? She told the guards but they neglected her warnings. Those fuckers. They're the reason why she's dead. They let her die.

"Why would they do that?" I asked, not helping the fire I'm feeling in my chest.

"Because they think it's impossible. With all the guards surrounding the church, they don't think it can happen. They don't want me to share something as oblivious as this. But.... who knows how crazy John can be?" She sighed with so much worry in her voice.

She closed her eyes and breathed heavily while clenching her jaw and rubbing her forehead with distress. She opened her eyes with a different look on her face. "They're going to stop him. They can. They're strong." She spoke with determination but I could tell she wasn't sure herself. Although, all I can think of is no no no.

Olivia said it Zoe was going to get murdered. John got past those guards. They clearly didn't care about the warning, meaning nothing will change. Zoe will still get killed.

Or maybe this time it will change. Maybe because I'm here, it won't happen. I was involved in James founding out and Ana knowing about the letter. Maybe originally, Ana doesn't know about the letter and her telling the guards is because of my involvement.

Maybe the guards will stop him. I don't know if that news should freak me out or make me happy. But I know one thing for certain; this may change things.

I have to know. I have to know if my presence changed things. I just have to.

"Let's go to the wedding." I told Ana and she smiled at me while I stood up and helped her up as well. If things didn't change and Zoe will get murdered then I won't interfere. I have to let Zoe die and I just hope god would give me strength for that.

''Okay but first you have to change. You have to wear different maid attire for the wedding like the one I'm wearing.'' Ana pointed at her clothes and I realized they were the same as mine except in different color; black and white. It was more cleaned as well.

Ana grabbed my hand, leading me to the castle. ''Weren't you given one? Aunt Matilda should've gave you one.'' I shook my head at her questioning as I couldn't recall being handed one. Maybe someone put it in my room without telling me. I mean I wasn't here this morning so I get it.

We went to my room and there it was on my bed, the maid's outfit for the wedding with an invitation card to get in. ''Come on, get ready. We must not wait any longer.'' Ana pushed me further in my room and shut the door.

I sighed as I looked back at the clothes asking myself: What am I doing?

------------------------------------------------------------