Unexpected visit

I knocked on the front door with my foot as I carried the basket with both of my hands, struggling to hold myself up. "James, open the fucking door." I groaned and sighed in frustrations. If he doesn't open the door now, I might as well just pass out. "James!!"

The door swung open as soon as I yelled his name and I was met by his curious blue eyes. He frowned as he examined my state and raised his right eyebrow in response. "Wow, what happened to you?"

"Just take the damn basket!" I yelled, shoving the basket on to his chest with slight aggression and let go. He immediately grabbed a hold on to it before it fell down. I pushed past him without saying hi and angrily took my scarf off.

I entered the living room ready to pass out on the couch and hopefully die in the process but I halted in surprise. My eyes grew wide as I saw two people in our living room and not just any people.

"Hey Charlotte." Alex stood up from the couch and Veronica stared at me expressionless. I gulped as I stared at her for a little bit too long before turning back to Alex. "What happened to you?" he asked as he stared at me up and down with worry.

"Yeah Charlotte, you look like shit." James appeared from behind me. "What did my grandfather do to you? sent you off to some war?" They all chuckled in amusement, loving the horrifying state that I'm in. Even Veronica couldn't help the slight smile that escaped her lips.

"Not to mention, you have weird clothes." Alex picked up my jeans from the table next to the couch and examined it up and down.

My eyes grew wide as I remembered the device inside the pockets and I hurriedly snatched it from him. His hands dangled in the air with nothing, a surprised look on his face and I glared. "Don't touch my things."

"Don't be rude or they'll execute you." Jonathan joked, erupted laughter filled the room and I gritted my teeth together. The ignorant blonde touched my shoulder and I pulled away from him as if his touch burned me.

"Look, I'm exhausted and cold. I'm not the mood for any of you." I stormed angrily out of the room, leaving the dead silence I've made behind. They think It's so funny to be out there in the cold, jumped by a hot woman who made a cut on your face by broken wine glass. Probably infected if not examined and having a bruised leg that probably needs to be checked up.

I sighed internally as I got inside James room. With my fucking lost in time situation and Veronica being a pain in the ass and appearing on my couch, you can understand the awful mood that I'm in.

I threw my jeans to the side on the chair next to the window and took my shirt off. I heard someone opening the door and I jumped in surprise covering my bare chest since I was not wearing a bra and yelled. "Can't you freaking knock?!" I turned around, expecting James being a moron but to my surprise, it was Veronica. Could this day get any worse.

Veronica closed the door behind her, not phased by my voice or me being half naked in front of her. She actually looked slightly amused with a hint smile and creased forehead. "Well, that's not a way to talk to a princess." She said, teasingly and I sighed in defeat.

"What? Not going to apologize?" She paused as I slouched down on the bed with my arms covering my chest. I looked away from her, everywhere but her. I was so not in her sweet evil talk and her blabbering about me getting in trouble for talking to her or even being near her.

I think I made it very clear that day that I did not want anything to do with her anymore. "I could get you in prison. I mean lying to me, forcing yourself onto me, yelling at me and humiliating me in front of my daughter and now, disrespecting me. Your actions have consequences you know?" She walked gracefully to stand in front of me and I clenched my fist in anger. I looked down, not wanting to look at her. I just want her to leave.