New plan

I knocked on the door and waited anxiously outside. Breathing in and out softly, I looked around at all the people passing by and smiled awkwardly while cursing under my breath. For some reason, the door to James's shop was locked. I don't think he opened yet.

Sighing heavily as I thought of what happened earlier today. I can't believe her. You should leave. You shouldn't have came. What a bitch. I put myself on the line and my future to try and save her and then she's like...no.

I mean, what the fuck is wrong with this woman? I save her daughter all these years ago and then she gets angry about playing with their family's destiny. Oh fuck her. If she wants to die, fine but not in my watch. She'll learn to love living and love me too.

''Sorry for keeping you waitin-'' I looked over my shoulder to see the door opening and a bald man, staring at me like a ghost. I smiled cheekily, more like nervously, then frowned as I looked him over.

''You cut your hair? Why would you do that?'' I couldn't hold myself but point it out. He looked awful, like a bald baby.

Not that bald people are unattractive but James being bald? Yeah, no.

''What are doing here?'' He asked with a frown as he opened the door further and hastily pulled me by my hand inside. A little surprised by the gesture, I watched him shut the door and lock it before turning back to me, a frightened look on his face. ''Does anybody else know you're here?'' He continued, panicking a little while I waved him off.

I walked around as I dropped my bag and rubbing my shoulders. God, it was heavy. ''Well, a lot has happened actually but... can't I get a welcoming hug first?'' I spoke and turned around, entending my arms out with a cheeky smile on. James's shook turned into a soft smile before he approached me and wrapped his arms around my waist in a bone crushing hug. I grunted as he picked me off the ground and rocked me in his arm.

I smiled and hugged him back. I didn't mind the gesture actually; I missed him too. After awhile, I started hearing soft cries and a wet feeling on my shoulder. I frowned. ''Are you crying?'' I asked as he whimpered against my shoulder, not replying back. I pouted as I heard a sniff and hugged him tighter. 

"Don't cry. I'm sorry." I comforted him, rubbing his back as he kept crying softly. I shushed him as I awkwardly stood on my tiptoes, allowing him to bury his face in my neck.

My feet started to hurt now but I didn't dare to tell him that. I didn't know he would miss me that much. I didn't know I meant to him that much. But, I guess after the sacrifice he made to save my life in the dungeons, has already proven how much I meant to him. He lost his life back home. He left Alex, his cabin, his wooden shop. He sold his grandfather's farm last minute to get some gold for his getaway. He sacrificed so much for me, for Zoe too. I owe him. 

James pulled away after letting his heart out in tears and wetting my shirt. "I can't believe you are back. I thought I won't ever see you again." He sniffed quietly, wiping his cheeks and his nose. "I'm sorry for crying and being a mess." I waved him off and told him it was fine while rubbing his back. I turned my head as I wiped the few tears that fell on my face before offering James a soft smile.

"What are you here for? Not that I mind but, I thought you would never come. I even wrote letters for you. I just didn't know where to put them so you would find them." He took me by the hand and lead me to the back. He brought out a chair and allowed me to sit down. He reached for a key from his pocket and opened the small cabinet on the wall.

He took out a box and placed it on the counter in front of me. I grinned as I recognized the box and the unique shape in had. He opened it and took out a stock of papers, folded nicely and wrapped around with a string of coal.