Tension

I stared back and forth at the two women in front of me. The tension in the room is so high, I had to slide down on the bed and cover myself with the blanket. It is super hot in here but I'm too scared that the blanket became my shield.

They glared at one another before plastering a forced smile on their faces.

"Anastasia" Veronica spoke in a high pitched voice. Clearly disliking Ana's presence in the room.

"Veronica" Ana retorted, using the same pitch.

Veronica grimaced and waved her hand around. "It's princess Veronica or your majesty. Don't forget to courtesy too." Oh, wow.

"Of course, princess." Ana gave a fake smile and spoke sarcastically while placing the tray in a nearby table. "Wouldn't want to hurt your feelings, would I?" Ana stood up straight and crossed her arms.

Their smiles were gone and they resumed glaring which I had to interrupt with a fake cough. If I didn't, they would probably start insulting each other, which I did not want to happen.

I wonder why they hate each other so much?

Both women looked back at me after the cough and I had to cover half of my face with a blanket due to that. Their eyes intimidated me.

Ana gave me a sweet smile while Veronica seemed to be lost in thought. She grinned as she thought of something real quick. "Charlotte, this is Anastasia. She works in the kitchen and sometimes as a servant."

Ana chuckled dryly at Veronica's way to insult her and smiled at the princess. "She knows who I am. We're friends." Ana retorted.

Veronica waved her off. "I was just refreshing her memory. In case, she forgot your face."

"She won't forget my face." Ana scoffed.

"She will." Veronica grinned while crossing her arms.

"She won't." Ana frowned while grimacing.

"She will." I could see Veronica was getting irritated.

"She won't." Ana raised her voice while stepping closer to the brunette.

"Then you don't know her that well." Veronica almost shouted at her. Okay, I think it's time for me to step in.

"I'm still here, you know." I said out loud and both women turned to me with fire in their eyes.

I gulped and turned to Veronica first. "By the way, I-I'm offended." I'm glad to know how much she thinks of me. I'm not a fly that is going to forget a face when I see one.

Especially not Ana's because she's a beauty. Okay, never telling Veronica I said that about Ana.

Veronica scoffed at me in response and looked away from me. I pissed her off. Well, It's not like it's the first time. I turned to Ana and smiled softly at her. "Thanks Ana," I saw from the corner of my eye, Veronica has swept her head around and glared at me. I immediately continued. "For the food! I'm really thankful." I saw how veronica narrowed her eyes at me and I tried not to look directly at her.

Ana seemed pleased with my response and turned to grab the tray and bring it to me. Veronica watched as Ana sat at the chair next to the bed. Ana gestured for me to sit up and I did with a little hesitation. Veronica was still watching me. More like glared.

She then placed the tray on my lap and that's when I heard the door open. I looked up and saw Veronica exiting the room, but before she left, she turned around and stick her head inside. She looked directly at me and smiled fakingly. "I hope you choke."