A need for touch

''Will you make love to me?''

As soon as the words escaped my lips, regret consumed me. The traumatized look across Charlotte's face made my insides crumble and twist with uncertainty.

I wanted to hide in a cave and hope no one finds me. Jesus, why would I say something like that? In such time like this?

I watched Charlotte swallow heavily and look away, her cheeks turning red in the dark light. See what I did? Now, she's pulling away. That's when I knew I messed up.

''Just forget I ever said so.'' Trying to save the little dignity I had left and reduce my humiliation, I tried to back off. I pulled away from her, dropping my arms and taking a step back. 

If Charlotte feels that this is not the right time or place then I should respect her wishes.

I saw her eyes look up at me as soon as I left her arms. She shook her head and stepped closer, her hands touching my forearm gently. ''No, actually I...'' I frowned as she paused and looked down. She was silent for a moment and I could only hear the gush of wind of tonight. 

''Where?'' She asked so suddenly, looking up. Her eyes were different this time; determined, needy and a hint of lust in them.

I was speechless for a moment as she once again asked. ''Where?'' She whispered, bringing her face closer to touch mine. She licked her lips and kissed my cheek, resting her forehead and lips on the right side of my face.

I couldn't help the chills that ran down my body. I realized I wanted her. I wanted her in a way that god would forbid. If I was dying tomorrow then I need to be with her one last time, in the most intimate we've ever been. 

I lifted my hands on her face and turned her lips to touch mine. She responded instantly, grazing my lips with her teeth, and pecking it softly. She kissed me deeply and I hastily replied.

I brought her closer by her clothes, wanting to feel more, needing more. If I let this go further, then we wouldn't be able to stop. I pushed her away and looked at her cloudy eyes.  ''Come on.'' I grabbed her by the hand and led her to the port. I am taking her to the ship.

-----------------------------------------

I pushed Charlotte in and closed the door shut, feeling breathless as we managed to sneak in without anyone noticing. I didn't want to explain to captain Philips about my sudden appearance in the middle of the night.

I turned around, smiling as I saw her, lighting up a few candles in the room. I watched her, not daring to help as she finished with the last one.

She shrug her coat and boots off, dropping it on the floor. She looked up at me and smirked. She extended her arms out for me to grab her hands and pull me closer. We giggled as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

''I feel like a child, sneaking in and all.'' I confessed, feeling like I was young and stupid, back to doing reckless decisions.

''Do children have sex?'' She asked, laughing at me while I pushed her by the shoulders as she continued smiling. 

She dropped on the bed, still chuckling at my embarrassment and I turned around, hoping to hide my red cheeks, but I'm sure she noticed.

''Shut up and take my clothes off already.'' I dared her, smiling softly at her laughter. I was definitely in love.

Her laughter died down and I heard her stand up. ''Yes, ma'am.'' She whispered in my ear and I shivered from her hot breath touching my skin.

I felt my clothes getting loose and my hair being pushed to the side. Soft kisses implanted at the back of my neck while Charlotte took her time untying the strings of my dress. I couldn't help the hotness I was feeling underneath.