Confusion

I wish I could open my eyes. I tried multiple times but they were too heavy to open. I felt trapped as if I was physically paralyzed or in a coma.

I don't know how long I was gone and to be honest, I'm scared. I don't know what's happening. I don't know where I am and how long have I been sleeping. I'm sick of being asleep. I want to wake up but it's like I forgot how to.

I could hear voices in the distance but they were unclear, muffled and sounded like absolute rubbish. I tried to understand them but my head was hurting too much. I tried recognizing who was in the room with me but I couldn't catch a thing.

Things felt heavy but they were slowly getting better. Bits by bits, my energy was flowing back. I wanted to know who was beside me, who was talking and what is going on.

I can remember what happened before I fell down. I was at the banquet, I was feeling tired and in pain for some reason. I heard about Alfred and Veronica's wedding being preponed. I hated that. I got jealous and walked away. That's when it happened, that's when I felt the pain but mostly shock before things went dark.

I remember what happened but I need to know why.

Finally, my eyes felt lighter and they started to move. I managed to open them weakly and the first thing I notice is the ceiling.

The voice I was hearing became clearer and I turned to look at them. I was surprised to find Zoe, talking to her doll. No wonder I was hearing rubbish.

She was beside me on the bed. My eyes wandered around and I realized I was in Veronica's room. There was nobody us else, other than us two.

"Oh my god! you're awake!" I looked over at Zoe who stared at me with wide green eyes and her mouth hung open. 

I frowned at her loud voice. "You don't have to scream, Zoe." I closed my eyes and rubbed my forehead in distress. I was still tired and feeling pretty overwhelmed for no reason.

"I'm sorry..." Zoe whispered, lowering her voice and scooted closer. "I'm just happy you're awake. I was telling z about you and how she needs to help me wake you up." I gave the little one a confused look. "But you're awake now!" Zoe continued while giggling.

Hold up. "Who's z?" I asked and that's when she pointed at the little doll she had. Okay now, that's a creepy doll. It looked like a mini Zoe but made of wool.

"For god's sake, it looks like a fucking voodoo doll." I couldn't help my tongue but thankfully Zoe didn't understand what I meant. Oh well, she heard me cuss before, so it's fine.

"What's a voodoo doll?" She asked, tilting her head in curiosity and I panicked. Shit, I can't tell what a voodoo doll is. She'll freak.

"It's just a doll that looks like you."I paused to think of my next words carefully. "They make them for special people, like you princess." What the fuck am I feeding her with this bullshit?

Zoe smiled at my answer, seemingly satisfied. Oh well, at least she's happy.

A noise brought my attention towards the door and I looked over to see James sighing. He was looking down, dark circles around his eyes, his shoulder-length blonde hair was messy. What happened to him?

He looked up and looked surprised to see me awake. Without hesitation, he rushed to my side and leaped on to me. I grunted from his heavy weight and groaned. ''Thank god, you're okay.'' He whispered to my ear and I tried pushing him off but I was still pretty tired. So I let him be and do what he wants.

After what felt like ages, he pulled away, smiling widely and sniffing a little. I saw his eyes were slightly watery and that surprised me. Why did he look so relieved? What happened while I was asleep?