Wedding tragedy pt.2

How will she do when I leave for good? How will I do? I'm losing the love of my life at the same day that I confessed to her. What am I going to do?

I sighed while looking disconsolate and feeling empty. At this moment, I wished my heart was an empty glass. Empty means there's no more lower you can get and the only way to change it is to fill up the glass again. I would even preferred my heart to be in the shape of an broken glasses; then I could fix the pieces and put the puzzles together. There may be missing pieces and lines in every shattered edge but it can still be mended.

Right now, my heart was neither an empty cup or a broken glass. I couldn't exactly feel it because I don't know where it is anymore. It's as if I lost it. Things couldn't get any worse than this.

"Charlotte," My eyes drifted to the doorway to see Ana panting heavily as if she just has ran to find me. I tried to hide the look of despair in my face and gave the blonde a sharpened stare. "I can't find James." She blurted it out while leaning against the door, chest heaving up and down.

I shook my head in the attempt to shake my thoughts off the heavy feeling in my chest. I can't think about Veronica and what happened right now. There's a much bigger problem right now and that's John and what he's about to do with Zoe today. It doesn't help that James is missing.

"I looked everywhere." Ana's breathing settled down but I could still see the look of panic on her face. "I can't find him anywhere." She spoke with desperation, frowning and ran her fingers through her hair. "It doesn't help that I can't seem to find Zoe either." She continued but she doesn't need to worry about that.

"Zoe was here moments ago but she left with her grandmother to make sure everything else is perfect." I wasn't sure where the little girl is now but I don't want Ana to go overboard by hyperventilating. Staying calm is the best we can do. I don't even know what I'm doing.

"Did you look for James outside the church?" I asked the ocean eyed beauty who shook her head in denial. Her lips curved slightly, sharing a guilty expression. She probably forgot to search the areas around the church which I simply smiled at with reassurance. I told her to stay inside while I look outside for James. I don't want her to interfere any longer.

Hopefully, I'll find James and see what he thinks of all this. I needed help and he's the only person I can find that from. I'm in no right mind to make a decision for Zoe's life. A life that I'm contemplating to save or not.

I walked out of the room after that, passing Ana who squeezed my arm as I walked by and I stride for the backdoor. I came across Borin at the other side. He usually guards the front gate of the castle but since half of the guards came to protect and surround the church, he was head in charge for security of the ceremony.

''Hey, the ceremony began. Shouldn't you be back inside?'' He frowned at me and stopped me at the door, blocking my path. I sighed internally as I quickly came up with a reasonable lie.

''Yes but princess Veronica asked for me to head back to the castle, she didn't like it when I left her room untidy.'' I told him which seemed to click in his head at how 'serious' the situation is. He didn't know that the real situation is her daughter who's fate may seal today.

''Alright but you won't be able to get back in. We're shutting the doors so you stay there when you've done your duty.'' He spoke with a voice of authority, a hard tone and I nodded my head, giving him a shy smile before seeing him walk past me. Borin closed the door behind him and I knew now I have no way back in. Here goes nothing.

I took careful steps, noticing how the high trees of the forest surrounded the church, rocks and bushes covered my path and nothing but the air and bird sounds can be heard. I was alone out here while everyone is inside watching their next queen getting married.