Chapter 13

Omkara~

I woke up listening to the voice of Gauri, who was talking on phone probably with Anika.

"Don't worry, Anika. I know it was sudden but there's nothing to be worried about." Gauri spoke to Anika on phone.

"Yeah... Yeah.. I can understand. You should really go and visit your grandma." She said while feeding Ash.

I got down the bed and walked towards the living room.

"It's not at all a problem, Anika. I will look after him, he can stay here with me till you return." Gauri said while she mouthed me a good morning giving one of her heart stopping smiles.

"Good Morning." I mouthed back and sat on the sofa watching her arrange things in living room while talking with Anika.

She was really a beautiful woman inside out, when she told me about she acting as my wife to avoid unnecessary problems, I was shocked. Then when she explained about everything I couldn't help but admire her for taking so much risk for helping a mere stranger. She was taking care of me like her own family since she brought me here and never once she made me feel like I am a trouble to her. She is truly a gem.

"Sorry, that was Anika. Do you need me help you with anything? " Gauri asked breaking my thoughts.

"Nothing, I am good." I said smiling.

And she sat on the opposite chair in front of me playing with Ash.

"Is there any problem? You were sounding worried when you were speaking with Anika." I asked her.

"It's Anika's grandma, she is not feeling well and Anika along with her aunt are planning to pay a visit to her in Punjab." Gauri said petting Ash.

I nodded understandingly.

"Poor girl, she hardly takes an off from the cafe and when she took an off, she had some unexpected plans." Gauri sighed.

"You and Anika seems to be good friends." I said.

"Yes, she is more like an elder sister to me. She is the one who helped me settle down after I came out of the Orphanage." Gauri said smiling.

"That's very nice of her." I said.

"I will make breakfast arrangements, join me after you freshen up." Gauri said.

"And listen, Anika's brother Sahil will be staying with us till Anika returns from her hometown. She is leaving him with us, since he is having exams." Gauri said handling me the towel after helping me unbutton my shirt.

I nodded and walked inside the washroom to take the shower.

Later that morning, Gauri and I were sitting in the living room watching TV when the doorbell rang.

"That will be Anika with Sahil." Gauri said jumping on her feet walking towards the door.

"Hii Anika, Hii Sahil." She greeted Anika and her brother, who seemed to be a young boy around 10 years.

"Hii Gauri." Both Anika and her brother wished back still standing at the door step.

"I have to go now to catch the train." Anika said to Gauri.

"Don't trouble her and study well for your exams." Anika said to her brother.

"You have saying the same dialogue all the way long and again you are saying this." Sahil said making a face which made Anika and Gauri laugh.

"Okay big boy, take care." Anika said ruffling his hair.

Anika bid bye to Gauri and waved to me and I waved back smiling.

"Sahil, go and sit in the living room while I place your luggage in the room." Gauri said and moved towards the room carrying Sahil's bag.

Sahil came running into the living room behind Gauri, with his back pack and stopped in his tracks seeing me.

"Sahil, Meet my friend Om. You will be sharing room with him." Gauri said walking into the living room.

"Hii Sahil, nice to meet you." I said smiling at him.

"Hii, nice to meet you too." He said without any emotion and sat on the sofa next to me after placing his backpack on the table.

"I got to know you are having exams, that would be one hell of the thing right?" I said trying to strike a conversation with him.

"Yes, it is. Besides my didi has restricted me from playing video games until the completion of my exams." He said sighing.

"That won't be a problem, since your sister is out of the town, you can play your video games for sometime." I said.

"I don't think, Gauri didi will allow that." He whispered pointing at Gauri, who was pouring juice for us in the kitchen.

"I will convince her to let you play for one hour." I said.

"Will you do that? " He asked smiling brightly.

"I will do that but on one condition." I said looking at him.

"And.. What is that? " He asked.

"If you accept to be my friend." I said.

"Okay done. Friends. " He said shaking his hands with me.

"What's going between you two?" Gauri asked raising her eyebrow after placing juice tray in front of us on the table.

"I was saying Sahil that he should limit his video game playing time from 2 hours to one hour since he is having exams." I said winking at Sahil.

"One hour? But Anika said not to allow him to play Video games." Gauri said looking at us suspiciously.

"May be you forgot, she said to let me play for sometime." Sahil said.

"Yes, she said, I too heard that." I said supporting Sahil.

"Well, then let me call and confirm with Anika." Gauri said taking her mobile to call Anika.

Sahil nudged me to do something.

"Gauri, why are you disturbing her, she is traveling right. I heard her say to let Sahil play." I said quickly.

"It's okay, she won't mind that." Gauri said and continued to call her while Sahil and I looked at each other.

"She is not in network coverage area, I think I should call her later." Gauri said tossing her phone on side table.

"Can I play video game now? " Sahil asked hopefully.

"You should study first then only Video game." Gauri said strictly.

Sahil looked at me for help.

"Gauri, I think you should let him play first. If not his total concentration will be on game instead of books." I said.

"Hmm.. That's a convincing point." Gauri said, " One hour and I won't excuse even a minute after that." Gauri said strictly turning towards Sahil.

"Thank you, Gauri di." He said smiling bright.

Gauri took some books from shelf and settled in the bamboo chair in balcony reading it, leaving Sahil and me for ourselves.

"Would you like to join me to play games? " Sahil asked taking out his Xbox.

"Gladly." I said and he gave me a joy stick after connecting the Xbox to the television.