Chapter 30

Anika~

Om invited Sahil and me to the surprise Christmas party he organised for Gauri. We enjoyed a lot and had a our dinner talking about things and cracking jokes. Om and Gauri was getting along well and anyone with a pair of eyes can see the sparks flying between them. I never saw Gauri this happy in all the years I had known her. She deserves all the happiness in this world and by now I know that Om is the only person who can give it to her.

"So, Anika what are your weekend plans? " Om asked after we four settled down in the living room after our dinner.

"I didn't made any plans for now, Om. However Gauri and I decided to have a early weekend since it's Christmas." I told.

"Why not we four plan and go out on a vacation? " Gauri said joining the conversation.

"That's a nice idea!" Om said, "What do you feel about it, Anika? "

"It's a nice one indeed, but where are we going for that? "

"Hmm.. How about going for hiking?" Om suggested.

"No, Om, we can't predict the weather what will we do if it starts raining suddenly. Not a good idea." Gauri said.

"How about going to movies? " I said.

"No yaar, that's same boring stuff." Om said.

"Zoo." Gauri said making me and Om roll our eyes.

"We are going to Amusement park." Sahil declared standing on the sofa. " Remember, you promised me to take to the Amusement park once I finish my exams? " Sahil said looking at Gauri.

"Sorry, I forgot. " Gauri said smiling sheepishly.

"Is it okay for you Anika if we go to the Amusement park this Saturday?." Om asked me.

"Yeah, it's okay. " I said.

"Okay then, we will go for Amusement park. " Gauri said smiling at Sahil.

"Yayy... Thank you Gauri di." Sahil said jumping and hugging Gauri happily.

"Okay, Gauri. We will meet you and Om on Saturday morning. We will take a leave now." I said standing from the sofa taking my hand bag.

Om and Gauri came outside to send off Sahil and me.

"It was nice having you guys here." Gauri said while standing near the front gate.

"Thanks for inviting us, Om and Gauri." I said smiling.

"How can we celebrate Christmas without my sister and Saala." Om said ruffling Sahil's hair.

"Ouch! Jiju, you are spoiling my hair." Sahil whined.

"Jiju ka Saala is possesive about hair like Jiju." Gauri said laughing.

"Gauri di, I forgot my Xbox inside the home." Sahil said.

"Come, let's go and fetch it." Gauri said, "Om, give company for Anika, while Sahil and I go get the Xbox."

"So, what's going in between you and Gauri? " I asked Om, once we were left alone.

"T..There's nothing going between us." Om said shocked by my question. His stuttering made clear that he was lying.

"There is definitely something between you two that you both are denying to accept. Do you love her, Om? "I asked. " Be honest."

"I don't know, Anika whether it is right or wrong but yes, I do have feelings for Gauri. I Love her and I always want to take care of her and keep her happy. But I don't know what she feels about me." Om said honestly.