Vi. Loyalty Lies

Storybrooke. Present-day.

ERICA'S SOFT BLONDE hair fell in curls down her back, like a golden fountain, as she tipped her head back to take another swig of the alcohol that was in a plastic cup, She was sitting on the steps of the Nolan household as a few -- while her twin...

ERICA'S SOFT BLONDE hair fell in curls down her back, like a golden fountain, as she tipped her head back to take another swig of the alcohol that was in a plastic cup, She was sitting on the steps of the Nolan household as a few -- while her twin, Emma and her nephew Henry, sat on the bench near the steps, so Erica could still hear the conversation, even if she was only half-listening -- She had been invited to the party by the Sheriff, as thanks for saving David Nolan's life but the blonde found herself completely bored within ten minutes of arriving at the party, which is probably why the young woman turned to the comfort of alcohol for one night. Why couldn't she let her hair down just for that one night? She was mature and responsible the rest of the time, people couldn't rely on her being the same way forever

"You know why he doesn't remember" Henry whispers to his mother, but Erica heard Henry's voice as if she was underwater, Henry's voice wasn't clear and there was a numb humming in her head, it could be because of the three drinks that she had already has had, she wasn't drunk, Erica knew that much, but that didn't mean she wasn't tipsy "The curse isn't working on him yet"

"Henry ..." Emma sighed seemingly frustrated by the conversation taking place yet again, but to the women's credit she masks her frustration rather well and doesn't show it towards her son "David has something called amnesia"

"Which is preventing the curse, from replacing his fairytale story with fake memories" Henry explains

"Right" Erica slurred as she stood up to go to the kitchen to get another drink "Because everyone here has fake memories, and this is a fake town full of fake fairytale characters that are only supposed to exist in damn children's books"

"Are you drunk?" Emma asked arching an eyebrow

"May...Be" Erica laughed.

Henry ignored the two women, although he was upset by his aunt's words, he knew she was just drunk as he once saw his mother get drunk when she had had a particularly bad day and he knew that his adoptive mother didn't mean anything by the words she spoke them (when she did speak, most of the town she was just crying and sleeping, although Henry pretended like she didn't know) and he figured it was the same for his aunt. Now, he was more determined than ever to prove to his family that the curse was real and the people in this town really were fairytale characters "Right and now this is our chance to help him, we just need him to remember that --"

"Prince Charming?" Emma interrupted

"We just have to jog his memory by getting him and Ms Blanchard together"

"Didn't we just try that?" Emma questioned

"And it woke him up?" Henry says, amusement colouring his tone

"You woke up Prince Charming?" Erica cried "Where is he?"

Emma rolled her eyes at her sister and was about to take her outside to get some fresh air and cool off when a new person interrupted their little party and Erica recognised him as David Nolan the guy that they saved a few nights ago after he awoke from a coma "Hey" He says, with a slightly awkward note to his voice "You're the ones who saved me, right?"