Chapter Seventy-Seven: Blinding

I was standing perfectly still on a pedestal as Lydia and Frida worked on the base of my dress. They had created the basic shape of it from the hybrid material while their friends and family handmade the flowers that would be sewn into the dress once they were created. Currently, Lydia was pinning the cape-like train to my shoulders.

Frida had come up with a double style train, the main one that was solid, and flowed from my body like a skirt naturally should. The second was what Lydia was working on, it was a see-through material that would be attached at my shoulders and have hundreds of the lace flowers added to it.

"I am making your train to match the flowers with those that will be on your dress." Frida hummed as she pinned the fabric around my waist. Currently, my chest was barely covered, though I had been assured that there would be lace applique added over the base gown to make a more modest neckline.

"Just how many wedding dresses have you made, Frida?" I asked her as she finished pinning my waist.

"A couple," She replied with a smile. "I come from a family that makes dresses, I may have left to work in the castle, but I haven't forgotten what my mother taught me."

"You are very skilled at it," I told her.

"Well, you've given us the liberties of creating something beautiful, not obnoxious," Frida explained. "Lydia and I both agreed that nature elements combined with flowing fabric would be the best for you."

"You look so pretty, Mommy!" Fen said from where set sat on the floor. Selene was in front of her, gnawing on a toy. I smiled at her.

"It's not even done, Fen," I told her. Fen shrugged her shoulders before turning her attention back to Selene.

"Well, since we have you, we need to discuss flowers," Nasuada said from where she sat. I let out a groan.

"Flowers are flowers, are they not?" Nasuada shook her head to my dismay.

"Type and color, my lady, I need to know type and color." Sighing, I thought about the place the ceremony was going to be held. I had chosen a spot in the woods that stood just outside of Ilirea.

"Red and pink roses and several diverse types of white flowers," I replied, thinking they would go best with the woods theme. Nasuada smiled triumphantly before telling a maid to inform the elvan couriers.

"Alright, I believe we are finished." Frida said as she and Lydia took several steps back. "we just need to finish the flowers and apply the final layers of the dress, and it will be done."

"Excellent, thank you, ladies," Nasuada said, clapping her hands together. From the floor, Selene started clapping her hands along as well.

"Shall we get you out of the dress?" Frida asked I nodded in excitement, taking her hand with one hand and grabbing the skirt with my other. I followed them to the next room over where I was helped out of the dress. I pulled on the pants and shirt I had selected for the day before walking back into the fitting room.

"Ladies, I believe we need to have a conversation with uncle Eragon," I said before scooping Selene into my arms. Fen hopped to her feet and trotted next to me as I went to hunt down the blond. We eventually found him talking to Saphira in a courtyard.

"Eragon!" I called out to him. He looked over at us and waved. I came to a stop next to him and looked up at Saphira. "How are you?"

"I am well, little one," Saphira replied, a sparkle in her eye. "I am pleased to see that you and your young are healthy."