Chapter Seventy-Six: Blinding

I stared in shock for a few seconds before I was up out of my seat and running for the noblewoman.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I dragged Tolme into a hug. Laughing, Tolme hugged me back.

"Well I was notified that you were paying us a visit and that her majesty needed help planning a certain princess's wedding, I jumped on the chance," I. growled slightly as that word was mentioned again.

"Wedding," I huffed. "I wasn't aware I was coming to Ilirea to get married."

Tolme laughed again before weaving her arm through mine and patting my arm.

"There, there, your highness." Tolme said in a teasing manner. "everything will be fine."

"Everything will be fine?" I shot back. "I'm caring for a child and a baby, my life is chaos at the moment."

"We both know you secretly enjoy it."

"Have any children of your own because I remember staking claim as their godmother," I said, jabbing back at the red-haired woman. Tolme's face went pink.

"Alright, you two," Nasuada said, getting in between the two of us. "save your jabs for later, we have a wedding to plan and a baby to fuss over."

"Yes, show me the little princess," Tolme said, her eyes sparkling.

"I don't even remember agreeing to your plans," I sighed our as Murtagh stood up with Selene in his arms.

"At this point, I am pretty sure we don't have a choice," Murtagh said as he handed Selene to me.

"Goodness, Selene, were you eating the carrots or smearing it on your face?" I asked the baby as I grabbed a napkin and started wiping her face.

"You named her Selene?" Tolme asked as she and Nasuada cooed at her. Smiling, I nodded in an answer, wiping the last of the orange mess from her face.

"She inherited her grandmother's looks," I said as Selene started at Nasuada's dark skin. "So I named her after Selena, Murtagh and Eragon's mother."

"She seems like a happy baby," Tolme cooed as one of her fingers was grabbed by Selene.

"Moony is always happy!" Fen piped up before trotting over. "except when she's hungry, she cries a lot when she's hungry."

The solemn look on Fen's face almost made the three of us burst out in laughter.

"That's the only way Moony knows how to tell us that she's hungry, Fen." I reminded the child. "Remember? She's only just learning to speak."

"I know," Fen pouted at me. "I just want Moony to grow up so we can play together."

"I think I like her as she is right now," Murtagh groaned form the table while Eragon frowned in confusion.

"All she does is eat, sleep, and play, not to mention she can barely get around," I answered. "it's very easy to keep an eye on her when she can't run around like Fen."

"Well if you men don't mind," Nasuada said, eyeing Eragon and Murtagh. "Tolme and I have some planning to do with Mal, Fen, and Selene."

"What type of plans need help from a baby?" Eragon asked, not understanding the implied reference. Tolme rolled her eyes at him before taking Fen's hand and smiling.

"What is your favorite color?" Fen's eyes lit up as us ladies strode from the room. Tolme and Fen got into a conversation that included favorite colors and flowers while we walked through the castle.