Chapter Ten: Luminescent

"I know that my mother is an Elf and my father is the most hated and feared person in Alageasia, Brom didn't tell me much about my mother's side."

"You look exactly like your mother," Ajihad said after a few seconds.

"I do? Well, that complicates things."

"Yes it does, Galbatorix cannot lay his eyes on you, or he will tear through Alagaesia in an attempt to get you into his hands."

"And if he finds out about Alethea, she's going to be used exactly like Shruikan. What do you suggest I do Ajihad? I want to help, but if I get involved, I will get everyone killed."

"We send you home to your mother. You can train with the elves without worrying about your father."

"My mother?"

"Yes, I know your bitter about her leaving you....."

"No, I am not, I understand her actions," I said, cutting Ajihad off, he nodded at me before standing up.

"One more thing, are you aware of your connection with Arya?" I stood up as well, and Alethea coasted to my shoulder before snuggling into my pack again.

"I know of the connection, yes, but I do not know what it is."

"Arya is your mother's niece."

"Which would make her my cousin." Ajihad nodded just as Eragon poked his head into the study.

"Eragon, perfect timing, can you please get Orik in here as well?" Eragon nodded and returned with the dwarf.

"Orin, you broke the law, and a usual sentence would be death, but this is a special case, as of now you are removed from active service and forbidden to engage in any military activities under my command. Do you understand?" A dark look passed over Orik's face before he responded.

"Yes."

"Furthermore, in the absence of your regular duties, I appoint you Eragon and Saphira's guide for the duration of their stay. You are to make sure they receive every comfort and amenity we have to offer. Saphira will stay above Isidar Mirthrim. Eragon may have quarters wherever he wants. When he has recovered, take him to the training fields. They're expecting him."

"I understand," Orik said with a bow.

"Wait, what about Mal?" Eragon said in confusion.

"Princess Khensamel will have her guide and will be taken care of." Eragon nodded and bowed.

"Where can I find Arya? I would like to see her."

"No one is allowed to visit her with the exception of Princess Khensamel. You will have to wait for her to come to you. Princess Khensamel, your guide, will meet you outside my study shortly." Ajihad said before looking down at his desk. Eragon, Orik, and I exited the study, and I was barraged with questions from Eragon.

"Why is he calling you Princess Khensamel? And why are you the only one allowed to see Arya? What did you two talk about?" I held my hand up at Eragon with a raised eyebrow. He immediately shut his mouth.

"My full name is Khensamel, and I am allowed to see Arya because she is my kin. As for what Ajihad and I discussed, that is private. I'll see you tonight." I said with a wave of my hand.

"But." Eragon tried to get out, but Orik dragged him down the hallway with a laughing Saphira lumbering from behind them.

"That boy is something else." I inwardly laughed at Alethea's comment.