Chapter 32: High Priestess part 1

The terrain has changed for Jotaro and company who've entered what divers across the globe call the most beautiful sea in the world. Flanked on the east and west by desert, the Red Sea was once believed to have been surrounded by crimson sands. Today, its general lack of pollution and inflowing river water makes it one of the most immaculate bodies of water on Earth.

Hikari felt like she was in some kind of dream. The inside of the submarine was just as impressive as the outside, it was like being in a first-class lounge underwater. Avdol was at the wheel steering the submarine. "Hang on a minute, are you telling me you drive this thing, Avdol?" Polnareff asked.

"Tsk, tsk. It's not problem whatsoever, Polnareff." Avdol said. "Wow." Polnareff said, feeling impressed. "And Avdol's not the only one!" Joseph called out. Hearing those words, Hikari instantly paled in her seat next to Jotaro. "Don't even think about it. I refused to let you push us through another crash." Jotaro said. 'That would be for the best. I hope we can have a peaceful, quiet ride.' Hikari thought.

"Well, you seem to be in a foul mood today." Joseph grumbled.

"So this is a submarine. I have to say I'm a bit surprise, it's a lot more spacious than I expected." Kakyoin said.

"Isn't it? Rich folks typically use vessels like these when they want to get away for a while and explore the seafloor for pleasure. As you see, it even has windows." Joseph said. Quickly moving out of the way when Polnareff came running right over to the window. "Whoa there!" "Oooh! Nice! You know come to think of it, I've always sort of liked this kind of thing. Although I wish I could've ridden in one with a cute girl."

"Ugh... a real charmer as always..." Nemuru grumbled at him.

"Once again you haven't change Polnareff. Now could you please try just once to take this seriously?" Avdol asks him before looking down at the controls the submarine held. Polnareff turns away from the window and walked over to some control panels. "Hmm? What's that?" He asked pointing at the sonar. "This is sonar. It uses reflected sound waves to detect underwater objects much like radar." Joseph explained.

"Wow...." Polnareff said. Avdol checked the sonar seeing it clear. "All clear. I'm not picking up anything in our vicinity." The Egyptian fortune teller said. "With this machine, we can detect anyone trying to attack us, no matter which direction the enemy tries to come from." Joseph said.

"But if someone did attack us in here, there'd be nowhere for us to run. We'd be like trap rats. Don't forget where we are, 60 meters below sea level." Jotaro pointed out. Hikari got a little uneasy hearing that. She knows she can create bubble shields, but she was worried that she couldn't make one big enough to protect everyone. Hikari shook her head and told herself to try and make the biggest bubble she can make. ....Hopefully, this ride goes smoothly.

A few hours ticked by and Hikari and Jotaro were staring out at a window as Jotaro pointed out various marine life. Hikari was amazed as Jotaro identified numerous amounts of sea creatures. She knew he liked marine biology and it made her smile seeing how much he enjoyed it. As they were enjoying the ocean showcase, Nemuru and the others were gazing at them for a moment before the dark-purple haired girl suddenly asked the others, "Alright, talk. Who's gonna make the first move here? Jotaro or Hikari? I'm betting 20 on my girl."

Polnareff sputtered out a laugh. "What? Are you kidding me? Hikari is the epitome of innocence and purity. Jotaro's a man, he's definitely going to make the first move." Kakyoin thought about for moment, looking over at his friends before taking Polnareff side. "Sorry Nemuru, but I'm going have to agree with Polnareff. Hikari is too shy to pull a stunt like that. Jotaro's gonna do it." Joseph let out a laugh as he looked so confident. "We Joestar men know how to win the hearts of our chosen women. Jotaro's has the Joestar charm, he'll definitely sweep Chiara off her feet."