Fear Comes to Life Part 1

Late one night in Canterlot City, everyone was fast asleep. Which included the ninjas, as nothing really happened during patrol tonight. However, Twilight was having trouble sleeping because of her having a nightmare.

Twilight's dream

Twilight was walking down an empty street. Not a single human or mutant was in sight.

???: "Here I am"

Twilight looked around only to see nothing.

???: "Over here"

Twilight looks around again, and still sees nothing. She turns around only to Midnight Sparkle.

Midnight Sparkle: "I'm always here"!

This caused Twilight to wake up screaming. She looked around her room panting, before calming down with a sigh. She got out of bed and went into the bathroom to splash water in her face. But while she was wiping the water away with a towel, she didn't see her reflection in the mirror turn to face her with a sinister grin.

Feeling like someone was watching her, she turned around to look at her reflection. Only to witness it change expressions and transform into Midnight Sparkle.

Twilight was so shocked that she didn't have time to react when Midnight Sparkle shot a beam of magic that knocked Twilight through the wall and sent her flying before she crashed on to the roof of a car. Twilight blacked out shortly after that happened.

The next morning, Twilight groaned in pain as she sat up from her bed.

Twilight: 'Wait...didn't I...'

Twilight quickly gets out of bed and rushes to the bathroom. Only to find that there was nothing wrong with it. In fact, half expected there to be a giant hole in the wall where she was blasted out of.

Twilight sighed in relief as she dismissed what she saw last night as part of the nightmare she had. But upon closing the door, she ended up wincing in pain. Confused as to why this happened, she lifted up her shirt to see several scratch marks, bruises, and cuts. Which was strange since she didn't recall being in a fight. That was until she remembered her nightmare. She could vaguely remember seeing Midnight Sparkle blasting her out of the house and crashing on to a car.

Twilight wanted to believe that it was all just part of the nightmare. But the fact that she woke up with injuries that she only got in what she belived was just her nightmare scared her.

Twilight: 'What's happening to me'? 'Could Midnight Sparkle be hurting me in my dreams'?

Twilight couldn't even begin to describe how scared she was. She first had to deal with the constant nightmares with Midnight Sparkle. But the fact that she was now attacking her in her dreams, while also hurting her in the real world, terrified her. She was afraid. Afraid of the possibility of Midnight Sparkle not only being able to hurt her, but those that were close to her.

Twilight tried not to think about it and went to bandage herself up before getting ready for the day.

Making her way to CHS was a bit difficult with the cuts and bruises. But she continued on either way.

Twilight went through her first classes until it was time for lunch. It was at this time that she decided to tell her friends as to why she has been so tired on their nightly patrols lately, and why she has cuts and bruises all over her body.

Twilight: "And that's basically what's been happening".

Rainbow Dash: "So let me get this straight...you've been having constant nightmares about Midnight Sparkle every night and you just discovered this morning that she might be hurting you in your dreams..."