20 Over There

June 21st
The Inter-Demensional MHBD
Lounge area
0900

After a restful night, in one of the most comftorable beds I ever slept in, I Threw on some Khakis and Keens with a Plaid long-sleeve shirt.

[Fox boogie by Gerhard Trede played faintly in the bar]

The TiaDiDiMoMa sent me a message "if pain releases weaknesses, you might become a tank after today...", man this thing is starting to get on my nerves with this dark riddle bullshit. I set at a fairly big table, and layed out the dimensional travel ledger that I had in my inventory. I was looking through it when I seen a coffee cup with plate softly lay on my table, it was a feminine hand.

Me (Jason): Thanks ma'am.
Familiar voice: anytime Jason.

I turned quickly and saw her.

Me (Jason): Anna...
French waitress: What Misour?

My vision became clearer and it wasn't her, it was the waitress.

Me (Jason): I'm sorry ma'am.
French Waitress: Don't be, misour, I startled you... sugar or creamer?
Me (Jason): Just a couple of Ice cubes, thankyou.

Mad Jack walked real cool like and winked at the waitress, she bit her lip, and set down beside me.

Mad Jack: So... what ya been thinkin'?
Me (Jason): How about we start at the Gallipoli and end at Gungsta Airbase in Germany.
Mad Jack: Why would you choose Gungsta as our rally point?
Me (Jason): From my reasearch, I think there is something of Interest there.
Mad Jack: why not go to the museum and get it.
Me (Jason): It's not there, and trust me, I searched everything.
Mad Jack: odd... anyways, we might as well throw another couple of battles in there while we are at it. And I have a certain.... mission I need to do.
Me (Jason): Alright, no questions, but I need to get the guys into propper uniforms.
Mad Jack: alright.

[POV of MAD JACK]

Finally, I can take care of buisness, and see some actual war time. The others were putting together some uniforms, I had given Jason a document with battle plans, but it seemed he had a fair Idea of what we were getting into. I, on the other hand, looked into my own uniform. I grabbed a Doughboy helmet (for its rigidity and its bullet deflection), an old beat up USMC uniform (with rips and tears), a bandoleer for Martini Henry Cartridges, mag pouches for a m.1907.sf, shrapnel boot wraps, a cape to cover my left side, and a holster for my Mk.II revolver. For my weapons I have a Martini Henry sniper rifle with a Zeiss glasvisier 16 bifocal, a Winchester M1907 SF with a full auto reciever, and a Webley MK.II. I seen that Jason had everyone else in tattered uniforms, some were in French foreign Leigon uniforms and others were in US and Brit uniforms. But Jason Dressed as a wartime officer, which was a risky move.

Me (Mad Jack): Jason, why are you dressed as an officer?
Jason: so I can lead the guys without question, and I can lead successful charges.
Me (Mad Jack): ok, that is very risky though...
Jason: A risk I'll have to take.

I went back to examine the WW1 stuff and saw RHB looking at me.

RHB: 'Sup?
Me (Mad Jack): not much...
RHB: the war to end all wars, ehh? You guys will come back changed.
Me (Mad Jack): What? Nah, can't be that bad...
RHB: [leans closer] you as well as I know that, that is bullshit. Who you think are people now, will turn to animals because of this. Question is.... is love worth losing friends?
Me (Mad Jack): No one will die on my watch.
RHB: that isn't what I meant when I said losing friends... you have no idea what Shell Shock can do.

He then turned and walked away, his military boots clacked with such a familiar sound.
Everyone was happy with their uniforms, except for Jason whom started cutting patches off of his uniform. Not gonna lie, Skull's gray French foreign legion uniform with trench coat, and gas mask, looked terrifying. Brax and Nako looked like a pair of British, Jay looked like a U.S. sniper, Mike looked like a downed pilot, and buddy looked like a battle hardened Doughboy.
We all had a round of drinks.

Jason: alright soldiers, our war campaign will take 12 long days. We will start in Gallipoli, which will then take us to the Suez Canal, later we fight in France. In France we will fight at the River Somme, Passchendale or the third battle of Ypres, and Cambrai. After that we will have our finest hours at the Gungsta Airbase in Germany.
Mike: that sounds like alot...
Brax: no job to tough...
Nako: no cost too much...
Jay: did you guys reherse that?
Nako: maybe....
Mad Jack: Let us wait no longer.

We then all went outside and stood in a circle, the oldman looked at us with teary eyes. And then with a rumble, a flash of light, and a heavy movement we were on a ship on the African Coast line.