45 The Greendoor (I)

Natural Dimension
Slums
Erma's Backdoor bar
[2300 PM]

[POV of Jason]

I walked towards the bar, the streets were cold and damp, the vagrants were arguing with eachother about something. Cars infront of the bar were run down looking, but every now and then there was a bright, shiny, new (for 1920s) car. The bar was hidden in an alley, there were smug looking gangsters outside but they didn't look like they wanted to take me on. I walked to the door and knocked, a grungy man then ripped the peep hole open.

Grungy Man: Watchu' want!
Me (Jason): Is 'shirley the big fat daisy' gonna play tonight?
Grungy Man: Right this way!

He opened the door and pointed at some steps. I walked down the steps to see that the place was booming. The mans with clarinets and trumpets got up and some buff looking guys were tossing some amps on the stage. It looked like every dude with some dirt was in here... there was John Dillinger and a girl in the corner, Meyer Lansky and Lucky Luciano at a table with Bugsy Siegel with Frank Costello, Al Capone sitting with a lit cigar by the stage, Jessie James and some of the Dalton gang were sitting together by the bar, John Wilkes Booth was standing by the chimney beside John Gotti, and Josef Mengele was sitting at the bar. I leaned on the bar and ordered a a shot of gin, it was nasty but I needed to stay awake. Angus Young then got onto the stage and was soon joined by Brian Johnson, Bon Scott was waiting for his turn to sing and was lounging by the bar. Angus started playing Hells Bells on his guitar and lit the place up, even the people who weren't from era were enjoying it (The band is AC/DC for those who don't know). I needed to find out what the hell I was supposed to be doing here, the music was epic but I had a job to do. I asked the bartender if RHB had been by here.

EGD bartender: (heavy Boston accent) yea... he said sum kid with a funky expression wus supposed to be heah... geuss dat would be yass?
Me (Jason): guess it otta be.
EGD bartender: (heavy Boston accent) ahh... yea... soo go over to dat man over deah in dah wire frames and duchy hat. R said dah man had sumtin' for yas.
Me (Jason): thanks...
EGD bartender: (heavy Boston accent) no problem, next time call for paulie!
Me (Jason): will do.

I walked towards the man in the wire framed glasses, the song had changed to Emission Control. The man was slinder and had a long nose, he wore a short top hat and had on a black overcoat. He then looked over at me, he had a grin that made him look smug and punchable.

Man in glasses: sssvvooo, at laasst vee meet.