Backstories 10

THE FIRST LOG OF THE NEUTRAL DIMENSION. VIA RHB'S STORY!

[POV of RHB]
---------  ---------- Kansas
United States of America
20--
0935
(Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana plays on Radio of Dodge Durango)

I drove my 2002 Dodge Durango to work, my life seemed miserable. I was in my late twenties, got wounded in combat, luck is never on my side, and it won't stop fucking raining. I had seen my friends last night at my favorite bar, some place in the middle of nowhere the brought in all sorts of weirdos and rednecks along with bikers, my day job as a Museum curator and Gun smith was awesome... but my life was flavorless.

2135 PM

I walked to my door with a HK VP9, someone was knocking aggressively at it. It was my old government friend, he walked into my house and sat at the island. We drank as he churned my brain, I had only dreamed of Dimension travel, but he found a way to do it.

1030 AM
Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden plays on the radio.

It was my birthday, my dad handed me the keys to the 1973 Dodge Dart, the first thing I did was take a drive. My dad bought us a couple of his favorite type of cigars which we smoked on the drive around the backroads. We stopped at my favorite bar and drank, I had just finished my Michelob Golden Light with a smile as I looked at the TV. It was on the News, my government friend... dead... four bullet holes in his back. I grabbed my dad, threw my $100 I got from my Grandma for my Birthday on the table, and spun away from the Bar. I drove fast down the back roads with speed and Agression, the last time I would see my native lands were a blur, my dad wondering what the hell was going on. After I explained some things at my house the went to Bed, we shared the house, I grabbed important belongings and a few days worth of survival supplies and tossed them in the trunk. At about 2 AM I got my Grandma Dressed, packed up some of her stuff and put her on the car with me. She was confused because of her demensia... it only got worse as the Black debadged Cadillac SUVS came after us. I swung onto the back roads and roared down them. The SUVs came from every direction... I pulled the big machine from its case and told my Grandma to hold it. I then put the Browning BPS shotgun on my dash before taking the machine and setting it to AAA 0000000000.00, I had no idea what it meant... I slammed the go button. The trees warped and turned to flame as my speed went from 95 to 435, the engine screamped as the pistons banged and the exaust spit green flame. My Grandma grabbed my arm as the blue lights surrounded the vehicle. The flashes then shot us forward again, the air became harder to breath as the sky turned from orange to pitch black, there was no ground, the stars surrounding us... we then felt a harsh slam. I braked hard, we stopped in the middle of a broken city... I drove through with fear. I saw creatures run towards the vehicle, I drove hard towards the bridge that lay over a large canyon. The beasts got ever closer... I set the Firebomb in the middle and exploded it... the bridge fell as the flames ingulfed it. I am feeling this day could not get any worse... other than my Grandma's confusion that seemed to fade away with acceptance.

[POV of NM]

June 19th (793 years ago)

I have seen RHB's prophecy, it tells me of the events coming up. It was a calender chiseled in stone, there were detailed carvings of major parts of his story... which involved... everyone. I knew there would be a war with Radian, I seen the carving of our victory... but I also knew the war we had won... was not over, infact, it would mutate and become the harshed fight that we would ever experience. The war that would make all wars seem pathetic, one that would spread across Dimensions and galaxies, one that would be decided not by that calender... but by how we fight. One thing is certain, people close to RHB will die... it is RHB's feelings towards the issue that intrigues me most. CI, you will not recieve much information about this "PROPHECY".

With Peace among war,
NM

[POV of CI]

June 23rd (793 years ago)

I will investigate the matter, I feel betrayed as a friend... it took him all that time to bring me here, yet that weird fucker... which we all know is going to fuck with R and get himself killed. Anyways, I will get to the bottom of the investigation, I mean RHB didn't even take the time to assign me to anything. That's what I'll do, I'll investigate things.

God be with you,
CI

[POV of NM]

June 30th (793 years ago)

That's it, lead the Intelligence agencies of the Neutral Dimension as a front. Lead Black Ops and keep your beak wet in other people's issues, and put some sleeper cells in Radian's Dimension and keep an eye on him. Do this, and you'll be the one RHB goes to for information... and for Christ's sake, I could use legit information around here.

[POV of CI]

JULY 4TH (793 years ago)

Will do.