33 the meeting (I)

Ellis De Stella
[2000 PM]
[Hound Dog by Elvis spun up on the juke box]

[POV of Jason]

I sat in the, still running, 50's Buger place, it was named 'The Burger Joint'. I sat in a booth, then taking the machine off my arm and putting it in the briefcase beside me. Before too long I had a Root beer float infront of me and an basket of fries, It looked movie quality perfect. I then gave a thumbs up to Gus the burger flipper, he nodded and went back to work. I looked around me and saw teenage couples and 50's reenactors filling the booths and bar. I then saw a Red Toyota AE86 pull in beside my 'Cuda, It turned out to be my brothers car. He came in and walked my direction. He was wearing blood red glasses, a leather Toyota racing jacket, slacks, a tie, and vans. He sat across from me and ordered a Pepsi.

Me (Jason): so... how are Ricky?
Ricky: Not bad, and youself?
Me (Jason): pretty good.
Ricky: been a while...
Me (Jason): yeah, it has... So anything new?
Ricky: got into Rally Racing, and have been working on protien supplements. And you...?
Me (Jason): Served in the military for a while, and now I'm back.
Ricky: How's Sarah?
Me (Jason): She has been in better shape.
Ricky: sad to hear that. Did you hear what happened yesterday?
Me (Jason): what?
Ricky: A submarine crashed in the canal yesterday.
Me (Jason): some poor sea goers were having a bad day.
Ricky: It was a Russian Nuclear Submarine.
Me (Jason): hmm, where did the wreckage go?
Ricky: up in smoke, the whole damn thing blew up. Luckily no radiation got into the sea though.
Me (Jason): that's good.

We talked for a while longer and had dinner, we seemed happy enough until the conversation of Mom's death came up.

Ricky: did you hear mom died?
Me (Jason): Yeah
Ricky: you weren't at the funeral...
Me (Jason): didn't have a reason to go...
Ricky: that's terrible...
Me (Jason): what's terrible is that she left me in a orphanage.
Ricky: she couldn't afford to keep you.
Me (Jason): It was so she could buy more drugs.
Ricky: that's bullshit, and you know it.
Me (Jason): what's bullshit is that you think she was worth a damn.
Ricky: She loved you...
Me (Jason): Stop, stop, stop... stop spouting that cunt's lies. That witch is six feet underground where she fucking belongs.
Ricky: You cant seriously believe that...
Me (Jason): Ohhh, I can alright.
Ricky: So you're thinking the same on dad then aren't you.
Me (Jason): He beat our sister until she was a goddamn vegetable. She can't even mumble she's so fucked up. Ricky: he couldn't have done th...
Me (Jason): YOU SEEN HIM PUNCH ME... YOU SEEN HIM KICK ME WHILE I WAS ON THE GODDAMN FLOOR. If I had a weapon I would have killed him!
Ricky: Bullsh...
Me (Jason): Fuck this...

I got up and walked out of the door, and for the second time everyone's eyes were trained on me. I got in the car and sped off, I rolled down the windows and let the cool air in.
[Return To Hangar by Megadeth came on]
I drove fast down the back roads at about 110 MPH. I slammed on the brakes and slid to a halt, the tire smoke rolled around me. I then put the car in reverse and went back and stopped again. I saw the Fancy Rusted gate I had never seen before, I turned into the drive. I then got out of my car and used the car's headlights as my light source. There was an 90 year old chain and padlock on the gate, I bashed it with my foot and it didn't budge. I pulled the Police Positive revolver out of my pocket and shot the padlock's arm, I then pulled down on the lock and it came off along with the chain. I then pushed the gate open and drove through it and down the path. The path was long and winding, I then crossed a sketchy looking draw bridge and into a large round driveway with a stone fountain in the middle. What had been ungulfed in the woods was a massive Gatsby looking Mansion, it looked like something out of a dream. I pushed open the rotten doors to see that the water damage wasn't that bad. There was grand staircases, a library, a enormous kitchen, dumbwaiters, lavatories, and a ballroom on the first floor. On the second was about a dozen bedrooms and several large closets. And on the attic level was a bar and poker tables. The whole place was decorated in early victorian, and hadn't been in use in atleast 80 if not 90 years. The mansion set on public lands that no one cared about, so I wanted it. I then hurried to Baskilov's Bistro where I asked him if I could invest in a plot of lands in the wooded area. He then called up the mayor.

Baskilov: He wants $20,000 for that strip of land.
Me (Jason): I'll take it.
Baskilov: consider it done.

I then wrote the big check and gave it to Baskilov.

Baskilov: I could have paid for it.
Me (Jason): For this thing... I am willing to put down a fortune.

Tomorrow I will reinforce the bridge, and the next 15 days I will spend repairing the house. The bones of the house were amazingly solid.