Rebound (taekook)

Jungkook pulled the box of tissues closer, passing yet another one to Taehyung. 

"Hyung, it's okay. He doesn't deserve you. You could do so much better than that jerk."

"You think so?"

"I know so."

"Thanks, Kook-ah."

"It's no problem, hyung. Now, stop those tears and I'll get us some ice cream." Taehyung gingerly wiped under his eyes and stood up, following Jungkook to the car. The younger helped him buckle into the passenger's seat before starting the engine.

"What flavor do you want?"

"You already know, why do even bother asking anymore?" Jungkook cast Tae a joking smile.

"Just wanted to make sure."

"Can I help you two?"

"Could we get cotton candy and cookie dough? Both bowls."

"Sure thing!" They waited patiently as the single worker mad their ice cream.

"There you go, boys. On the house!"

"Thank you so much!" Taehyung beamed, sticking a spoon into his ice cream. 

"Hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's do something fun."

"Like what?" 

"Well, what's something you always wanted to do with your old boyfriend?"

"Definitely the carnival."

"Let's go then." 

After many hours of rides and carnival food, Jungkook decided to take Taehyung home. He tucked the older under the comforters and kissed his forehead.

"I love you, hyung,"

"Love you too, Kookie." He mumbled sleepily.

"No, I mean-"

"I know what you mean. I love you too." Jungkook dragged a hand through the older's soft hair.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before. I could have saved you a lot of pain. I just didn't want to get rejected."

"That's okay. I understand."

"No... you don't. I've loved you for two years. You've gone through so many heartbreaks."

"Kookie, it's okay. I'm okay now." He leaned up and pressed their lips together.

"I have you."