Vulnerable (namjin)

Namjoon laid across Jin's chest, loosely hugging the other's waist. Jin runs a gentle hand through his hair, the soft strands filtering through his fingers. The younger smiled drowsily, letting the steady heartbeat of the older take him to sleep. Jin watched as the younger drifted, his eyes fluttering and lips drunk with a smile. He continued to play with Namjoon's hair, watching the strands fall through his fingers.

The bulky pair of arms around his waist tightened. The older looked down, alarmed.

"Joonie, you alright?" But the younger didn't answer. He continued his rest on Jin's chest. The older leaned down and kissed his forehead, smiling at the contented sigh that comes from the other. Namjoon grips Jin tighter, burying his head in Jin's shirt. Jin hugs him back, gently rubbing his back and playing with the hairs at the back of his neck. 

"Shh. It's alright." He smooths his hand over the younger's hair and kisses him again.

~The next morning~

"It was weird. I've never seen you like that."

"What do you mean?" Namjoon crossed his legs and leaned his elbows on the table.

"So... vulnerable. We've been dating for so long and you've never been like that with me." The younger blushed and averted his eyes.

"Don't take it personally. I'm not like that with anyone." Jin smiles kindly and gets up from his seat. He walks around the table and pats the other's head.

"I'm not asking you to change," he takes the dirty plate off the table. "But bottling everything up is tiring. I'll be here when you're too tired to do so." Jin sticks his hands in the soapy water, rinsing the dishes. Namjoon stands up and hugs him. Nuzzling the back of his neck, the younger silently thanks him.