Trouble Sleeping (taejin)

*okay but this is me bothering my nana at 4 in the morning

Jin turned over on his stomach, resting his face on a couch pillow to see the T.V. Taehyung carefully enters, trying to be silent so he doesn't disturb the older's show. Still wearing his pajamas, his hair tousled and eyes puffy with insomnia. He yawns and walks over, carefully laying over his hyung's back. Jin smiles but looks over in confusion. He can't see more than fluffy brown hair and blue sweatpants.

"Whatcha doin'?"

"Couldn't sleep." He whispers hoarsely. The older gently turns on his side and allows Tae to roll onto the couch before him. Jin continues to watch his show as the younger leans into his chest. He softly rubs the other's back to help him relax.

"Why can't you sleep, hm? It super late."

"I could ask you the same, hyung." Jin smiles.

"But you at least sound tired."

"I am. But I can't sleep." He lets out a frustrated sigh. 

"It's alright," Jin drags his hand up and gently plays with Tae's hair. The younger pushes further into his chest and breathes his scent.

The screen darkens, Netflix displaying the 'Are you there' screen. Jin sighs, annoyed, and searches for the remote. He spots it, on the floor. He glares at it then at Taehyung who is blocking his way. His gaze softens as he sees the boy is finally sleeping. The older leans haphazardly over him, grabbing for the remote. He finally sits up, the plastic firmly in his palm.

Tae looks up at him with bleary eyes. "Hyung?" The older shushes him.

"Go back to sleep."

"You could have asked me to move."

"You were sleeping."

"I'm not anymore." Jin kept a hand at the younger's back and rolled them over. Tae now rested on Jin's chest as if he were a mattress.

"But you should be." He kissed the other's forehead and gently pressed his head onto his chest. Jin turned his show back on as Tae played with the hem of his shirt. Shortly, the younger's grip loosened and his breaths evened out. Jin smiled fondly and vowed to stay on the couch more often.