Chapter 19

"You look amazing, honey," my mom walked in my room after knocking and I turned to face her. 

I spent the entire afternoon with Mindy; she has a great sense of style. She helped me pick out a pant suit and we stopped by Carol for a fresh up. She even helped me pick out cute jewelry and make up.

"Doesn't she?" Mindy asked, fixing my face. "I'm glad she's allowing you to do this," my mom smiled at her. "She trusts me," Mindy flashed a grin, "besides I'm doing very minimal work; she's a natural beauty."

"Guys!" I felt my face redden. "So, who is this Ricky?" my mom nudged, "what happened with Darian? I like him." "I like him, too, he's my boyfriend, mom. Ricky is my friend. He's new and I've been helping him adjust."

"And he's super hot," Mindy squealed. "Oh, I can't wait to officially meet him." 

I thought of the last time they met, my mom was so heartbroken that after he explained she just whisked me away and we didn't get to say goodbye.

"I know," I bit my lip, but Mindy smacked my hands. "You're ruining your perfect red lip," she groaned and stood. "My work is done, see you tomorrow. Good night Miss Cassie." "Please, just Cassie. Good night," she waved her off and my mom sat beside me. "You look amazing, sweetie. Do you think it might give Ricky mixed signals?"

"He has a girlfriend, mom. And we've established our boundaries in our relationship." "Good, because being in love with two guys is a nightmare." "What?" I turned to her, "are you speaking from experience?"

"Of course. Your dad was my high school sweet heart, but when I came to visit my dad in the city I met this nice boy. Let's just say he was also a sweet heart." "Oh," I squealed, "I'd like to hear more of this story." "Anytime. I used up some of my vacation hours for this weekend, we can do something together. Like a mom and daughter spa day." "I'd love that."

"Good, have fun, love. I'm working a double, but I'll have breakfast ready." "No," I stopped her, "I'll make breakfast."

"Sounds like a plan," she left and I stood; fixing my suit.

I loved this look; it was simple and elegant and oh so feminine. My face was "Beat to the Gods," like Mindy stated multiple times.

"I'm outside," I answered his call and I rushed to open the door.

"Wow," he looked at me, up and down. "Wow?" I asked, feeling a little weird.

"You look amazing, Roxie. I was hoping for another dress, but this is good, too." "Thank you, it's a bit more comfortable to move in," I turned to lock the door.

"Ready?" I asked as he nodded quickly.

************************************

"Hi, I'm David," his dad was so cute. Like an older version of him, and I found myself cheesing at him.

"I'm Roxie," I shook his hand and noticed how big he truly was. Ricky was tall, maybe six foot but his dad was a giant.

"I'm so glad that Ricky made friends and that you've been so nice to him. Moving here, I thought I left that southern hospitality. The food is in the dining area, it's just a panel. I have to talk to a few important people. Wish me luck," he grinned and I nodded. He talked extremely fast and Ricky nudged me.

"He's a rambler when he gets nervous."

"You just reminded me of something," I groaned, "Mindy has the hots for me." "What?" he pretended to look stunned. "You knew?" I asked and he nodded. "She only asked for every freaking period. I was stressed already, I didn't need to worry more. You told her about your boyfriend?" "Yep," I sighed, looking at the different foods.