𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

Mark spent the rest of the morning keeping an ear out for Hyuck. Eventually, he stopped crying but that just made things worse.

Mark had no idea what was going on in Hyuck's room. He had no idea what he was doing or if he was even in there.

At around lunch, Mark gave up. It was too quiet, even if it was just his breathing he could hear, needed to know he was there.

Mark quickly grabbed his laptop and a few other things before setting himself down next to Hyuck's room.

When he was sat with his back against Hyuck's door, he rested his head against the piece of wood. He could instantly hear the raspy breaths from the boy.

He felt his heart calm as he listened to the ins and outs of Hyuck's breath. After a few minutes of listening, he started to catch up on the homework he had missed from the past few months. While doing it, he came up with an idea. One to hopefully get Hyuck to talk, or at least take things off his mind.

"Hey, Hyuckie. I understand that you don't want to come out but do you want to talk about it?" Mark asked, fingers crossed that Hyuck would say something. And he did,

"no"

I didn't lie, he did say something, okay what he said wasn't exactly what Mark was hoping for, but it was something.

"Okay, well, I'm going to tell you some jokes because I'm bored as shit" Mark chuckled as he started scrolling through some jokes on his phone.

×××

As Mark told jokes, Hyuck listened from the other side of the door. Neither of them realising how close they were as they both sat in the same position; sat on the floor against the door with their heads leaning back against it as well.

Hyuck had moved while Mark was talking. He smiled at how dumb some of the jokes were, but he couldn't smile, not after what happened in the morning. His throat hurt from crying, as did his eyes and cheeks. But there was one joke that made Hyuck let out a small hiccup of a giggle.

Suddenly Mark stopped talking and there was silence from the other side of the door. Hyuck froze and listened. There was nothing for a few minutes, but then Mark's voice spoke softly.

"I don't think you know how special you are Hyuck. You mean so much to so many people and you don't see it. Jaemin, Renjun, Chenle, Jisung... Me. I mean, we've only known each other for a fairly short amount of time and look at us, we live together, we have fun together, we know so much about each other. Before meeting you, I tried my best to avoid people, anyone I spoke to was only because of Jeno. But that day I bumped into you, something was different. I could tell, just by your eyes, that you were different. I needed to know more about you, so when you invited me to get a coffee, I couldn't say no, and boy am I happy that I didn't. Since then, I feel like we have gotten so close, I feel safe with you, like I belong. You seem so happy all the time, your smiles and giggles light up the world for so many people. But just so you know, it's okay to be sad. You don't have to be happy all the time and nobody expects you to be. But if anything is wrong, and you do want to talk about it to someone, I am here for you, okay?"

Hyuck sat as tears tumbled down his cheek. Everything Mark said meant so much to him. Every word meant more than it would from anyone.

Due to the fact that he couldn't speak because of the tears, he grabbed a pen and a piece of paper, writing on it and slipping it under the door for Mark to read,

'𝑂𝑘𝑎𝑦'

As much as Hyuck wanted to open the door and let Mark hug him tightly, he couldn't. Not whilst he looked like this. He was embarrassed that he had managed to let himself get in this state. As much as he tried to convince himself that Mark wouldn't care, he couldn't convince himself to unlock the door. But sitting with a door between them was close enough. Close enough for now.

After slipping the note under the door, things went quiet again for a while after that, until Mark gave a small quick, hold on a second, I'll be back" Hyuck listened as his footsteps ran away but then came back again.

By the clattering noise that came with Mark sitting down, Hyuck guessed what he was doing.

A few seconds later, the strumming of the guitar was heard throughout the apartment. Hyuck listened as Mark started to sing along to the chords. His voice matching the sound perfectly.

He listened to the words Mark sang but couldn't recognise the song, after a few minutes he realised that Mark must have written the song himself.

As Mark played and sang, Hyuck felt his eyes slowly closing, until the point that he had fallen asleep.

×××

When he had finished playing, Mark placed the guitar down on the floor next to him. When he rested his head against the door this time, all he could hear was the familiar small snores that escaped Hyuck's mouth when he had fallen deep into sleep, that's one thing Mark had picked up himself about the younger since moving in with him.

Mark didn't move from his spot against the door until a loud knocking sound came from the front door.

When Mark opened it, he was greeted by a group of five boys. The group walked into the house. They all made themselves comfy as Jaemin and Mark talked quickly and quietly in the kitchen.

"he hasn't left his room all day, he fell asleep about an hour ago so I'm not sure if he is awake or not" Mark explained before Jaemin nodded and walked down the hall, leaving Mark in his place.

"Haechanie, it's Nana, can I come in?" Jaemin called through the door after knocking softly.

A few seconds later the door opened and Mark watched as Jaemin got dragged through the door by a small hand.

He sighed at the thought that Hyuck would let Jaemin see him but not once today was Mark allowed to. Then again, he understood that he couldn't exactly hold it against Hyuck. He and Jaemin had been best friends for a really long time and Jaemin had helped him through everything before, so it made sense really.

And anyway, Mark was just happy that Hyuck would speak to someone,

Even if that someone wasn't him.

__________

Another one done👍🏼

HAPPY DECEMBER! 🎄🎉

I might do a special one-shot for Christmas day. If I were to do so,

What would you want it to be about??

Ships?

Units?

Individuals?

Genre?

Leave your requests here or DM me and I will see what I can do for yall💕

I hope you enjoyed the chapter

Wish me luck for my exams this week lol

Thanks for reading💕

😊👏🏼💚