𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

As soon as the pair walked out the door Hyuck's hand slipped from Jaemin's as a pair of strong arms wrapped around him.

Jaemin walked to the lounge with a smile on his face as the group watched the two.

Hyuck snuggled into Mark's chest and relaxed into his embrace. He felt the tears form in the corner of his eyes as the pain that engulfed his body melted away.

When Mark pulled out of the hug he looked down at the boy who once again had tears staining his cheeks.

"Woah, what's wrong? I'm sorry I didn-" as Mark began apologising Hyuck just pulled him back into another hug, wrapping his arms around Mark's torso. The older boy froze for a second before shutting up and hugging him back, just happy to finally be able to see Hyuck today.

After a few minutes of hugging again, Mark pulled Hyuck into his room so they could talk in private.

"Are you okay, well I know your obviously not but lik-"

"Mark" Hyuck giggled, placing a finger over Mark's lips, "Do you ever stop blabbing. I'm fine." Hyuck explained, looking down at the floor in front of him.

"you're not. I know you're not. I understand that you don't want to talk to me..."

"it's not that, I just... Don't know how. Me and Jaemin have known each other for so long, he just understands me, it's not you, it's me. Just... Can we go eat? I think the others ordered pizza" Hyuck smiled shyly, slipping his hand into Marks and tugging it lightly.

"Okay," Mark sighed before returning the smile and following Hyuck into the lounge where the others were already watching a movie and munching from three different large pizzas.

The second Hyuck stepped into the room, he was tackled to the floor by the two younger boys who both giggled as they hugged their- "Hyung! We ordered pizza, come sit with us" Jisung laughed as he and Chenle climbed off of Hyuck.

"I think I'm going to sit with Mark Hyung today, why don't you two sit together" Hyuck smiled softly. Jisung pouted until Hyuck ruffled his hair, then deciding that he shouldn't argue today.

Mark and Hyuck joined the boys in the lounge. Mark took his place on the end of the sofa and Hyuck sat next to him, his head resting on Mark's shoulder. When Mark put his arm around Hyuck, the boy's body melted further, his legs that we're tucked up to his chest now resting on Mark's lap.

Jaemin watched as the two got comfy. A small part of him was happy that Hyuck had found someone else he could talk to as well as him. However, part of him missed the idea that it had always been just him and Hyuck, but now they had all these other friends as well.

It was a good thing though, it meant that if they were to fall out or anything, they would always have other people there for them, not that Jaemin ever planned on falling out with Hyuck. Never again.

×××

By nine pm, all the boys had left and started making their way home, leaving Donghyuck and Mark in their home alone.

The two tidied together, putting all the rubbish in bags and putting the lounge back to the way it was.

When they finally finished sorting everything out, they decided to watch an episode or so of their show after having put on some pyjamas.

Mark was the first back in the lounge, sitting in the same spot as before. When Hyuck made his way into the lounge, he didn't say a word before sitting on Mark's lap, hiding his face in the crook of Mark's neck while his arms linked loosely behind it.

At first, Mark froze, unsure of how to react, but as he felt Hyuck's breath against his neck, his body relaxed and he wrapped his arms around Hyuck's waist, leaving his hands to rest on his lower back.

As Mark watched the TV, he soon realised that Hyuck had fallen asleep in his position, his head slowly slipping off the older boy's shoulder.

Mark slowly picked himself up from the sofa, wrapping his arms under Hyuck's thighs as the younger automatically wrapped his legs around Mark's hips.

"where do you want me to put you?" Mark whispered, fully aware that he had woken Hyuck slightly.

When Hyuck's grip around him tightened a little, he smiled to himself before walking into his own room, closing the door behind him.

He made his way to his bed before lightly putting Hyuck down on it. The younger boy quickly found a comfortable spot on the bed and waited for Mark to climb in so he could relax into his comforting warmth.

As soon as Mark climbed in next to Hyuck, the smaller boy attached himself to him again, resting his head in the usual spot on his chest.

Mark laced his fingers into some of the curls that rested on Hyuck's head, enjoying the familiar softness of it.

Soon enough, Hyuck had fallen back into the sleep he had previously reached before Mark had disturbed him.

As Hyuck slept, Mark's mind twisted and turned as all the thoughts started piling in. The ones he dreaded as well as new ones.

What if Hyuck never felt comfortable talking to him?

What if Hyuck felt worse than he was letting on?

When was he going to let him know that he also was suicidal?

When was he going to let him know about the true feeling he felt towards the younger?

How would he deal with the heartbreak that would follow the rejection?

Would he ever be able to tell Hyuck these things?

Slowly the constant words swirling around in his mind caused him to drift off to sleep, blocking them out. Blocking the world out.

×××

The next morning, Mark woke alone, yet again. As soon as he realised the other half of his bed was empty and not how it had been before he fell asleep, his heart rate sped up.

He quickly climbed out from under the sheets and threw on a hoodie as soon as the cold air attacked his body. He quickly rushed out of his room and down the hall.

When he saw the sight before him he let out a small chuckle of relief.

"Good morning Hyung! How do you like your eggs? Boiled, scrambled, poached, fried... Ummm" Hyuck furrowed his brows as he tried to think of all the different ways to have eggs.

"whichever way is easier" Mark smiled as he took a seat on one of the stools at the counter.

Hyuck smiled back and started cracking a few eggs into the pan in front of him. Everything was perfect. It was almost like a normal day. It was almost as if yesterday had never happened.

Almost.

__________

I know its a bit shitty but bare with me, I'm trying to get back on track but my mock exams are literally killing me, I can't even imagine what I'm going to be like during actual exams 😭🙄

Thanks for reading💕

😊👏🏼💚