Chapter 32

I was welcomed by silence and Cali as I entered my little house

I was welcomed by silence and Cali as I entered my little house. I took my phone out of my pocket before dialing my grandma's number and for no reason my hands were trembling a little bit. After a few attempts, I finally heard her voice:

"Hi honey! How are? ", I exhaled hard with my hand placed on heart.

"Good! Where are you? I just got home I really thought you would be here.. ", She was always awol those last few months and even if I didn't show it, it hurt me. After the death of my parents she was the only person I had.

"Oh! Did you read the letter I wrote this morning? It's in your bed! I just wanted to tell you that my agent called me and I had to meet her. I'm so sorry I should have called you!" , her shaky voice made my heart throb.

"It's ok! I just miss you and it's been a while since we talked. You really have to take a break..you're working too much." I stated before taking my shoes off and heading to my bedroom.

"Yes!! I will!! As you say it's been a while since we talked and I really want to know some tea." She declared as a laugh escaped her lips. I didn't reply and it made her suspicious.

"Do you have something to tell me, Elle?", she asked curiously.

"Ok... so there's this boy I met. He's really nice and I think I'm—"

"Pregnant?" She yelled.

"What no!!!! Oh my god! It's just that I really love him...", I bit my lip and tried to focus on the conversation but my mind kept going on Carter. He changed everything and I couldn't pretend that I hated him because it wasn't the truth. She deserved to know the truth.

"I really can't wait to meet him, oh my lord! I'm crying!" She sniffed twice as I entered my bedroom and my eyes found the letter on my bed.

"Follow your heart, Elle! And be careful! I love you! Yes I'm coming!!!!" She said. "I have to go! My agent is calling me...oh I think she's mad!! I will text you later! Bye Elle!"

"Bye! Love you too."

I cleared my thoughts before grabbing a towel and new clothes. Carter had a football game tonight and we were invited. After Maddie's partance I called her and she told me that she was feeling sick and she had to rest. I didn't ask her about here reaction when she saw Nate but I still wondered why she acted that way and how did Nate know her?

Lila had to visit her cousin in Lisbon so she couldn't come, she was very unhappy about it though because, parties were football games were her thing! Surprisingly I convinced Nicole, she was really against that idea but she didn't want to leave me alone.

My phone beeped when I was about to take my clothes off and I grabbed it while praying it wasn't the masked man. I almost cried of joy when I stared at my screen, it was Carla. Everything was going for the better, she was now dating and she couldn't be happier. She missed me though and we were already planning to see each other in our next holidays.