A New Acorn

Chapter 13: A New Acorn
(A.K.A. Acorn can only mean one thing...)
New Mobotropolis, Prower Home
"You're not nervous about meeting my parents?" Tails teased.
"Not at all. Women don't get nervous when they meet parents." Cream joked back.
"If you say so." Tails smiled and kissed his future wife.
When they arrived at the home, Tails knocked on the door. The two were shocked at who answered the door. Tails glared at the person.
"Sally, what the hell are you doing here?"
"Oh, Tails, what are you doing here?" Sally smiled sweetly.
"I asked first. You're supposed to be locked up!"
Nicole appeared.
"Let me explain. Sally has turned over a new leaf." Nicole said.
"I don't buy it. Where are my parents? For all I know, they're tied up somewhere!" Tails exclaimed.
Amadeus and Rosemary walked to the door, just fine.
"Mom, Dad, you're ok." Tails said, hugging them.
"Of course, Tails." Rosemary said.
"We allowed Sally to come over. Nicole is right, son, Sally had turned over a new leaf." Amadeus put in.
"Have you forgot that she kidnapped Sonic, raped Amy, tried to destroy their marriage, broke a dangerous criminal out of prison, and abused her power!" Tails explained.
All Following events took place in 'Crimson Rose'
"I know, and I'm sorry." Sally said.
"I'm sure you are." Tails scowled.
"Tails, Sally is right. She's trying to change. Remember, it was 5 years ago. People can learn from their mistakes." Nicole explained.
"Tails, perhaps we should listen." Cream told him.
Tails sighed.
"Ok, I'm willing to listen." He said.
"Thank you." Sally told him.
"Dont thank me yet."
Inside
"So tell me how you've changed." Tails said.
"Very well. It started about a year ago."
Flashback, 1 Year Ago
New Mobotropolis Prison
Nicole was walking toward Sally's cell. The former princess has requested Nicole to appear. The Holo-Lynx stopped in front of the cell door.
"What is it, Sally?" Nicole asked.
"I need to talk to you."
"About what? You're not getting out of here." Nicole stated.
"No, it's that I finally regret it."
"Regret what?"
"What I did to Sonic and Amy."
"Oh, really?" Nicole eyed Sally.
"Nicole, I've been locked up for 4 years. Eventually, you have to think about it."
"That is true." Nicole pondered.
"Over time, I've come to regret my decision. I should of just moved on. I should of let them be happy." Sally sighed and tears began to brim her eyes.
"It's great that you're realizing this." Nicole told her.
"Aibet, a bit late."
"That, too."
"Nicole, give me a chance." Sally begged
"Sally, what you did was-"
"I know, but I've changed, I promise!" She sobbed.
"You know damn well that you saying you've changed doesn't convince me." Nicole told her.
"I know. I want a chance to prove to you that I'll m telling you the truth." Sally said, wiping her tears.
Nicole sighed.
"Sally..."
"Nicole, I want a chance. That's all I need, please."
"Fine, I'll give you your chance, but..."
"Thank you, Nicole. Thank you!"
"But you will remain under heavy guard, and when I mean heavy, I mean HEAVY." Nicole pointed out.
"That's fine by me, even though I have no say in this. I'll prove to you that I've changed." Sally said.
Regular Time
"Here we are a year later and she hasn't done anything stupid or evil yet." Nicole said.
"That story still doesn't convince me." Tails said, standing his ground.
"What can I do to prove myself to you?" Sally asked.
"Sally, I considered you my aunt. I knew Sonic loved you at first, but I could see you two drifting farther apart. Your love for Sonic never died, but his for you did. He wasn't happy with you, but you just couldn't see that. And when Sonic found you cheating on him, that was the last straw. You broke his heart, Sally, and only when he got with Amy did he heal. Then you came and did what you did. You couldn't see that Sonic and Amy were happy. I've lost all respect for you. You were family to me. That's something I don't think you can get back." Tails explained.
"You're absolutely right, Tails." Sally began to tear up.
"So, why did you and Cream come without notice?" Rosemary asked.
"Wait, you know Cream?"
Cream giggled.
"Yeah, I've met your parents. I was just pulling you along."
"You're learning too much from Sonic."
"Not really. So, Tails, do you want to tell them?"
"Tell us what?"
"Me and Cream are getting married in 6 months." Tails said.
Rosemary squealed and hugged her son and Cream.
"Oh, that's wonderful." She said.
"That's great, son." Amadaus added.
"You're all invited. Sally, I have a catch for your invitation." Tails said.
"You mean you would want me to come?" Sally gasped.
"On one condition."
"What is it?"
"You must make amends with everyone, starting with Sonic and Amy."
"They won't listen to me!"
"I'll go with you. I'll have your back, but if you try anything, you'll be right back here. Got it?"
Sally nodded.
"Thank you, Tails."
"Once again, Don't thank me yet."
"I'll trust her into your care, Tails. Call me if you need me." Nicole told Tails.
He nodded.