A Genius's Critical Error

Chapter 29: A Genius's Critical Error
(A.K.A. Talk about miscalculation)
Outside the Hospital
Tails and Cream were walking out of the Hospital.
"So, what did the doctor say?" Tails asked.
Cream looked at him with tears brimming her eyes.
"Cream?"
"Tails, I'm pregnant!" Cream bawled, hugging her husband.
The fox froze, feeling three emotions: surprise, fear, and happiness.
"P-Pregnant?" He stuttered. "How?"
"What do you mean how? Remember on our Honeymoon?"
"I didn't wear a condom." Tails sighed, slapping his forehead.
"And it's not just one."
"What does that mean?"
"I'm carrying triplets."
Tails nearly fainted.
"I'm scared, Tails. I'm happy that I'm going to be a mother, but I'm scared. We're so young! We don't know how to take care of a child, let alone three of them at the same time!" The rabbit proclaimed.
"We'll figure it out, Cream. We'll figure it out together." Tails stated as he pecked his wife's lips.
"So, you're not mad?"
"Why would I be mad, Cream? You're pregnant with our children. I could never be mad at you for something like that. I love you for it. Plus, I was the one who got you pregnant." Tails told her.
"True, but we still have one problem."
"What?"
"We still have to tell my mom."
Tails froze again.
"Easier said than done. Can we wait to tell them and tell the others first? That is, if you want to." Tails suggested.
"I actually agree with that idea, but I'm also going to need to work up some bravery." Cream chuckled.
"Well, let's head that way then." Tails said, taking his wife's hand in his. "And regardless what happens with our kids, I'll always love you and never leave." He whispered.
"I know you wouldn't, Tails." Cream pecked his lips. "But I will say this. We made a mistake this early in life that is supposed to be a gift later on, and we have to live with the consequences for it, but I consider these good consequences." Cream explained, rubbing her belly.
Tails' ears drooped.
"Every word you said is completely true, Cream."
"Don't look completely glum, Tails. It'll be worth it in the end, I just know it." She assured him.
"Yes, it will." He said as the two made their way to an all familiar house.