Hidden Truth

A week had passed and Jeongyeon and Mina did their best to make sure Jisoo and Momo didn't cross paths in the house. Jisoo didn't seem to be that angry anymore but Jeongyeon just thought it would be better not to provoke her by letting her see Momo. 

Jennie was still feeling guilty over the whole thing and refused to see and meet Jisoo and Lisa. Chaeyoung on the other hand had come over to visit them almost every single day. She always brought something whenever she came over. Normally food such as chocolates and sometimes along with a bouquet of flowers. 

Their mission was considered successful as Jisoo had sneaked out to the HQ by herself to meet with the Commander since Lisa was still feeling uncomfortable to go outside. They were immediately pulled out from YG Pharmaceutical as she handed over the crucial evidence. Jisoo decided that it would be best if she omitted the fact that they had died to not stir up any more trouble. 

"Commander?" Jisoo called out almost like a whisper. 

"Hmm?" Commander Jihyo just hummed without lifting her head from the table as she was writing. 

"Can I request something?" 

"Go ahead." 

"Can Lisa and I be exempted from any undercover mission for a while?" 

The Commander finally lifted her head and her face contorted into confusion as she asked, "Any particular reason?" 

At that moment, Jisoo contemplated on whether she should just come clean with her or create another reliable excuse. 

"Jisoo?" Jihyo called out as she saw Jisoo spaced out. 

"It's the Commander. I can trust her."

Jisoo cleared her throat before speaking up. "It's gonna sound crazy but promise you'll trust me?" 

Jihyo chuckled as she replied, "Trust me. I've seen crazier stuff."

"We died and were brought back to life." Jisoo continued and Jihyo gasped. 

"You're right. That does sound crazy."

"Lisa was a bit traumatised by the incident. She finds it hard to stay outside for too long. That's why I'm here alone today."

"I understand. You don't have to explain any further. Tell me when you guys are ready to come back."

"Thank you very much, Commander." Jisoo saluted her with a smile and exited the room. 

Chaeyoung came over again later that evening after her shift had ended and Jennie was not by her side again. Jisoo was suspicious for the past seven days but decided not to ask. However, now she was growing curious as to why her Jendeukie won't even come to visit her. She knew how clingy the girl can be so she was weirded out by this behaviour.

"Unnie! Lisa!" Chaeyoung hugged each of them. "I got this for you today." She handed each of them a bar of chocolate. 

"Thanks Chaeng." Jisoo replied. "So… Jennie?" Jisoo asked as she peered her head to look behind Chaeyoung as if waiting for Jennie to appear. 

"She's not coming." Chaeyoung simply replied. "Let's not talk about her. I came here to see you guys." 

"Seriously Chae. What's going on? Why didn't Jendeuk come as well?" Jisoo pressed on; ignoring Chaeyoung's reply of not wanting to talk about Jennie. 

Chaeyoung ignored Jisoo’s question as she chatted with Lisa happily. "How have you been? Do you still feel uncomfortable going outside?" 

"I'm alright Chaeyoung-ah. I still feel uncomfortable whenever I'm outside though. Especially on the ground." Lisa replied as she looked over at Jisoo who still seemed to be waiting for Chaeyoung's answer. "But you still haven't answered unnie's question yet."