Basement

Just like what the trio had said, at the end of that week Jisoo and Lisa finally got their ID that would allow them to go to the basement.

"I don't know whether to be excited or scared." Lisa uttered as she slung the lanyard over her neck.

"Both." An unfamiliar voice replied and the duo turned their heads to see a girl with jet black hair. She also has bangs.

Seeing that Jisoo and Lisa stayed quiet after her intervention, she immediately apologised and introduced herself. "Sorry to suddenly surprise you like that. My name is Hirai Momo and I'm a bodyguard at this facility." She bowed 90 degrees startling the duo who also immediately bowed 90 degrees with her.

"I'm Jihye and this is Dajeong." Jisoo introduced the both of them.

"I can show you the way to get to the basement."

"Thank you. That would be great." Lisa replied and Jisoo promptly nudged her elbow at her ribs subtly.

"Don't worry. I'm on my way to the basement too. By the way, why do I feel like I've seen your faces somewhere?" The Japanese girl scratched her chin to think.

Thanks to her quick wit Jisoo immediately answered before Lisa would. "I think you mean Irene. We kinda look alike. Kinda."

"Ahh, Irene. Yeah, yeah. You kinda resemble her."

As they were on their way to the basement, Lisa saw Irene escorting someone towards the touring area. She can't help but feel like the silhouette was somewhat having a familiar vibe to her. She shook her head slightly before entering the elevator that would take them to the basement.

They arrived at the basement and Momo led them towards their work post. She slightly bowed again before leaving them to resume their work.

"Great. You guys are here." Nayeon's voice rang from behind them.

"I've saved this work for you guys. Better start working on it." Jihyo said as she pulled the duo and stopped them right in front of their designated work post.

Weeks have passed by and there was still no illegal experiments that had been done. Everything was operated within the law. There were no human experiments either. Jisoo and Lisa was practically confused at the sight of this.

However, during those weeks too Jisoo had somehow managed to become closer with the bodyguard who had escorted them before.

"Moguri?" Jisoo asked as she saw Momo's head slowly get lowered due to her being sleepy.

"Oh, yes Jihye unnie? What do you need?" Momo said as she struggled to keep her eyes open.

"You should really catch some sleep."

"I can't. I'm on duty right now."

"When is your break?"

"About 15 minutes from now." Momo answered as she yawned.

"Just go already. I'll cover you. Don't worry."

"B-but." Momo sounded hesitant to leave.

"Just go." Jisoo said as she pushed her body to leave.

Momo smiled as she began walking away from Jisoo.

"It's not Irene. I'm pretty sure I have seen her before but where though." Momo thought as she entered the designated place to rest.

"I wish Jeongyeon is here." Momo thought one last time before dozing off as soon as her head hit the pillow.

***
"Why isn't she in the fold yet? Did sajangnim refuse your request?" Joy asked as she saw Jennie walked out of the station with Chaeyoung by her side. They were sitting in a black SUV with heavily tinted windows.