Indirect Help

"Jennie unnie? Chaeyoung ah?" Mina shouted as she pressed the doorbell. 

Chaeyoung opened the door after she pressed the doorbell for the third time. Her hair was dishevelled and it looked like she just woke up. She yawned when she pulled open the door wider to let them in. 

"Why are you guys here so early?" Chaeyoung asked as she yawned again. Her eyes glanced to take a look at the time which showed 8:08 am. 

"It's important and it can't wait. We would have come last night but since it was already late we decided to just come this morning." Mina explained. 

"Where's Jennie? She's still sleeping?" Sana asked as she moved her eyes around scanning the area. 

"Yeah. Maybe. Let me check." 

Sana, Mina, Dahyun and Chaeyoung had come altogether to relay the bad news. They decided that it would bring no benefit for Jeongyeon and Momo to tag along despite the surprising bomb that Momo had dropped yesterday. They showed her a picture of Jennie and the latter nodded her head vigorously; confirming that the cat-eyed girl was the one who had visited her before. 

The four of them saw Jennie come down to the living room with a light step. She was already dressed up and it seemed like she was really excited to go somewhere. Chaeyoung was practically dragging her feet behind Jennie and the four of them tried to contain their laughter by remembering the reason they were there in the first place. 

"Woah, the whole gang's here? What's going on?" Jennie asked as she took a seat on the couch opposite the four of them. A few seconds after that, Chaeyoung dropped herself down right next to Jennie. 

"We have a very bad news." Dahyun said trying so hard not to burst into tears again. 

"Jisoo unnie and Lisa unnie are dead. They were killed yesterday." Chaeyoung uttered. 

Jennie and Chaeyoung went into shock after hearing what Chaeyoung had said. Everyone stayed silent for a while after that before Mina broke the awkward silence by asking, "Do you perhaps know someone by the name of Momo?" 

The four of them studied Jennie's face carefully and Jennie definitely flinched when she heard Mina said Momo.

"Jennie yah, is there something you're not telling us?" Sana asked next. 

Chaeyoung had also turned her body to look at Jennie. Her face was judging Jennie hard. 

"What happened when you went into that building, unnie? And you better be honest about it since Jisoo unnie and Lisa might have died cause of you." Chaeyoung questioned. 

Realising that all eyes were on her, Jennie looked down and took a few more seconds to think before raising her head back. 

"I-I went on a tour." Jennie replied as she looked at Chaeyoung. 

"That's it?" Chaeyoung uttered. She felt slightly irritated with the simple answer.

"Look, Momo said you were the one who had come to her house and relayed the order. Is it true?" Sana continued. 

"Y-Yes." 

Chaeyoung's face was so red that it looked like she would burst into flames at that moment before Jennie continued, "B-But the name was not Kim Jisoo or Lalisa Manoban. It was Song Jihye."

"That's their undercover name." Mina simply replied. 

Jennie frowned her face in horror after hearing Mina's response. "Oh, no. I really screwed up big time."

"I can't believe you sold them out. Why would you even do that?" Chaeyoung hissed. She stood up and crossed her arms across her chest. 

"No, I d-didn't sell them out. I didn't even know their undercover name." Jennie sighed hard as she looked down at her lap. "You don't understand Rosie. They were gonna kill you if I didn't relay that order. And if Momo somehow fail the hit, they were still gonna kill you along with Jeongyeon." Jennie tried to explain but Chaeyoung refused to even look at Jennie.