Chapter 17

*After 1 year and 8 months*

"Hey.. Angel! Wake up girl.. " I heard someone whispered in my ear while shaking me. I stirred a bit and opened my eyes. I'm at the University's reading center. I just feel asleep while reviewing for our last exam before graduation.

"Oh. Hi Kelsey." I smiled at her as I fix my messy hair. By the way I got a haircut, its a pixie one and I even changed my hair color into ash grey. Kelsey pushed me to do it to try something new, and I kinda liked it. Gives me more time to review because I don't have to blowdry my hair tht kong after shower.

"Girl, you're killing yourself for studying so much. We all know you'll pass the exams even wihtout studying though." She smirked and grabbed a chair beside me. I just smiled

"Sooo.. the girls are planning to go to the club tonight. They said that there's going to be some known rappers going to perform. You'll like it." She's wiggling her brows trying to convince me. Damn girl. Why can't I say no to you? Kelsey became my closest friend here in US since I started studying for my masteral. At first you may think she's just some happy go lucky chic but believe me or not, she's always on the top rank as me. Sometimes we compete every examination and she even bribe me that if she ranks higher than me, I'll go clubbing with her. She's not wild if that's what you think. She just want to have some fun after the dreading exams and I guess that's not bad at all.

"Alright. Alright. I'm going." I said smiling. She snaps her finger in the air

"That's my girl! Okay. Be ready at 8, I'll come pick you up. And oh dear zeus. Please wear something.. you know, show your curves a little." She winks at me and left me shaking my head.

I placed my books inside my bag and walks off the reading center. I guess tonight will be fun. Having some fun won't hurt right? Besides I got nothing to do at home and we got no classes tomorrow. I shrugged my shoulders and jogged myself to the bus stop.

I had some baked mac for my early dinner and took a shower after. I blow dryed my hair so it won't be taht fluffy. Did a light make up. I decided to wear a high waisted jeans that is ripped on the left knee part and a white halter top. Maybe this is enough for Kelsey's liking and won't bug me again to change my outfit just like what she did before because I just wore a plaid shirt and a tank top inside paired with shorts. I smiled remembering how she reacted when she saw me.

I was about to check my phone when I heard the doorbell rang. I know it's her. She's the only one who visits me here while Doctor Spencer's family just invites me over at their house sometimes.

"I'm comiiiing!" I shouted as she kept on ringing the doorbell. Gosh this girl's patience is shorter than my hair.

"Hey hey hey.. look at you woman. Who are you?" She says walking inside my unit looking me from head to toe.

"I just followed what you said. Besides I don't want to change my clothes again before leaving, it'll mess my hair." I flipped the few strands of my bangs that fell on my forehead and she clasped her hands

"I loved it! You ready to leave?" She asked me while checking out herself on my full body mirror

"Yeah. Let me kust grab my clutch." I quickly went to my room to grab my bag and checks myself on the vanity mirror one last time.

"Club Z, here we cooome!" She sing-song and latch into my arm as we walk out of my unit.

"You're walking too fast, Kels. You're dragging me." I said to her because she makes me hrd for me to keep up with her. She's taller than me, I'm just above her shoulder and I'm practically wearing a heels.

"Because I am literally dragging you! I can't wait to see who's going to perform tonight. I asked Molly but she said it's a surprise guest." I see. No wonder why she's so excited. We drove while listening to Rihanna's We Ride. This is our jam. Always will be. We both adore Rihanna so much one of the reason why we click so much. We arrived at the club and its almost full. Maybe the guest performer is really that famous. Its jampacked compared the last we went here. No worries, last times I only had punch. I really don't drink that much but I guess tonight will be excused. I deserve it.