Chapter 44

Songs for this chapter:
Happiness - The Fray

Brighter Than Sunshine - Aqualung

*Angel's POV*

An hour passes by waiting impatiently for Claire to comeback from wherever she went, finally here she is sipping on the frappe she bought as she goes inside the clinic looking at me as if I'm doing something out of norm because I keep on phasing back and forth.

I can't help myself from fidgeting while biting the fingernail of my right thumb with thoughts of Sehun flooding my mind.

"Thank God you're finally here!" I said to her exasperatingly raising my arms making her eyes wide.

"What? Why? What happened? Are you okay?" She says dropping her bag on her table together with her drink and faced me again as I lean on the counter.

"Did you intend of hiding about Sehun having a session here in our clinic? Because I already went through to the files of our current clients but I did not see any of his records."

She slowly closed her eyes and  deeply sighed before raising her palm on me.

"Let me explain, okay?" I didn't say a thing and just crossed my arms waiting for her to drop her explanation.

"I did not told you because I was instructed by doctor Goo not to let you know, and because he's a VIP his records were hidden in doctor Goo's office. I'm so sorry about that, Angel.. you don't have any idea how heavy it is to me to keep this from you the moment I knew that he's going to have consultation here. I swear. I wanted to tell but doctor Goo was just quick to warn me about this.." She says looking so sorry of what she did and I can't help but feel a bit disappointed with this.

"But why? Why does doctor Goo didn't want me to know about Sehun?" I said pushing her to tell me everything I don't know that I have to know.

"I honestly don't have any idea, but I think it's the thought of you turning down his offer to work here again.." All this time, I thought I can stay away from Sehun. But after finding out all this, I don't know how I'm going to avoid him. I sat on one of the chairs here in our lobby leaning my elbow down on my legs covering my face with my both palms.

"Angel, don't misjudge doctor Goo with what he did. I think he did it because he just wanted to  protect your feelings.. trust me he wanted to decline accepting Sehun to be his patient but his manager got involved with the situation. I hope you understand us.." She says wlaking towards me placing her hand on my shoulder trying to make me calm.

"I know.. It's just that. I just can't believe that all this are happening because of Sehun.. I just wanted to keep my distance from him, Claire. I am happy with Ravi now and I don't want him to feel bad. But after learning about Sehun is now one of our clients, I honestly don't know what will Ravi feel. He barely talks to me of what he feels about my past with Sehun, I just don't want him to worry about Sehun anymore. He has done so much for me, for our relationship. I don't want to ruin all that.."

"Sssh.. relax. nothing is happening yet. And I hope nothing happens. Just be honest with him and tell him about this. Okay? He's an open minded man, I'm sure he's going to understand, beside it's part of your work. It's not like you're going to entertain Sehun here. Right?" I nodded as she took a sit beside me.